Pet Sounds DCC - BIN $34.99 - No Slipcase..

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Kayaker, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

2. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

wow, longtimegonerecords beat me by a whisker. Damn!

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I saw this about half hour ago, e-mailed the seller with some questions regarding the "marks" on the disc. I had the page up ready to hit BIN if I got a response. Then - boom - gone, like that.

I guess I should have bitten when the biting was good. :D

4. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

For $36, I would have shot first and asked questions later...

5. MikeT

You are so right. Another auction for the DCC Pet Sounds just ended at $64.99.

What was I thinking. :sigh: :rolleyes: :shake:

The ironic thing is, just about a minute ago the seller of the BIN Pet Sounds e-mailed me back telling me it is the "real thing" and that he just played it through himself with no incident.

DARN.... should have acted when I had the chance.

Well, next time - if there ever is a next time.

Anyway - yesterday the same seller had a mint DCC Doors "Waiting for the Sun" for BIN $19.99. I bit on that immediately. I think it was up all of 10 minutes before I hit that one. (And personally I like the Doors much more than the Beach Boys (even if it is a DCC Pet Sounds)).

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I will get this disc someday. :)

7. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

I would watch Half.com for this disc... I picked up mine there last year for $34 shipped. It is the worst looking DCC in my collection, its got a fold in back artwork, and the disc is scuffed something fierce... but it plays great. Definately worth it!!

Did anybody else notice the DCC Pet Sounds Lp on eBay over the weekend... $305. Wow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...6&category=1593&sspagename=STRK:MEBWA:IT&rd=1

8. MikeT

Yes - I have been watching half.com - there is one there right now that is inexpensive?, yet it is scratched and even cracked - but the seller says it doesn't affect play. I think I will leave that one alone.

The LP in question is the #0001 DCC limited edition. It seems, or I assume, that someone close to the old DCC is selling off some of the items they have left in their possession - like low numbered LPs, and longbox sealed gold CDs.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

does the lack of a slipcase lessen the value of a DCC cd?

10. Ben

Ben New Member

It's a good question. Some collectors like them and some don't. It is true that these slipcases were a specific part of the DCC experience...it is one of the things that make them unique...

I like them. A little something extra - and they look cool.

JMHO

Ben

11. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Yes, it means we can get our lovely sound for cheaper, as hardcore collectors won't go for these discs....:thumbsup: MHO :)

12. MikeT

OK, in the same vein - what about the lift-lock case (if the disc originally came with one)? How much does that affect the price?

13. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Don't pay extra for those, IMO, since you can still buy replacements...
    I'm sure if the case is busted, they can't charge as much for collectors, though.

That doesn't really account for the DCC discs that originally came in regular jewel cases, either.

14. Parkertown

Parkertown Tawny Port

Which ones were those?

15. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

My Metallica RTL came sealed new in a store in a regular jewel case, so did my Robin & The 7 Hoods...probably forgetting a few others, too. At the end, DCC stopped using the lift-lock jewel for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.