Peter Gabriel "UP" sacd

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Carl Hoffmann, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Look closely at the play side of the disc near the spindle hole, but actually in the data part of the disc. There will be a SACD logo, and next to it, a big 'C' Crest logo with the words CREST printed underneath. Except it will be an inverse, so the Crest logo will look like a swoopy, open 'D'.

You have to have very good eyes to make this ID, as the logo is tiny.

2. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Thanks but does anyony know if this is the version if you order it from Amazon.com or do you have to order it from Amazon UK to be sure?

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Thanks for the info, Sam. I have very good vision (or so I thought), but I'm unable to find this logo on the underside of the disc. I can see two number sequences, both very tiny.

526789-C 14
    526789 H 1(?)

Not sure if that is a 1, or some symbol. I'd need a magnifying glass to see better. These are in separate bands, with the first numbers being in an outer band, and the second set being one band in, closer to the spindle hole. So I don't see the Crest logo, but I do see one crack on the spindle, maybe a second one.

As Mark asked, where can we buy to be assured of not getting a Crest pressing? I think I want to buy a backup copy of this just in case mine ever gets damaged.

4. konoyaro

konoyaro Forum Resident

This is the same as mine - no Crest logo or text but with the same numbers as above. Sadly, I notice two small cracks from the center :cry:

5. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

I found a used Up SACD today at a local used CD store (it seemed to be a huge bargain based on current prices).

Of course when get home I do some googling and I happen to read about cracked hubs, and sure enough, my copy has about 4 or 5 small cracks on the hub. I probably would never have noticed otherwise.

I can't find any tell tale signs of it being made by "Crest" though.

In any case, I was curious, do these Up discs ever completely fail/crack to the point of being unuseable?

I've decided to store mine in a sleeve to reduce wear & tear on extraction/insertion from the case.

I assume since the disc is probably 9 years old it's likely ok with a little TLC from this point.

6. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

I have the hybrid also, no cracks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.