Phil Hartman Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Zoot Marimba, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Speaking of bras... :D

2. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

The reasons for thinking he did not design it are pretty clear: he is not credited on the album, and someone else (Patricia Mitsui) is. As to how the rumor started that he did design it, I do not know. It's sad how easily false facts propagate on the internet.

3. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

By far my favorite SNL actor of all time. As mentioned earlier, he could save the worst skit (like the completely disjointed ones in the final 20 minutes of the show). A real loss.

4. I mostly agree, although I never really found “Frozen Caveman Lawyer” that funny.

5. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group Thread Starter

Yeah, I find that one of his weaker characters to be honest, but I still like it. As far as SNL characters, Anal Rententive Chef I thought was better, in addition to his impressions.

But I do see that as an example of how he take a flimsy premise and make it watchable.

6. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

YES!:laugh:

7. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

Joe Rogan was a close friend of Phil, and discussed him and a bit about his wife on a podcast last year. There is some Not Safe For Work language in the video, so I will put it in a spoiler. Obviously, this is just a glimpse into what their marriage was like, so you can imagine how difficult things must have been for Phil.

8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

It's been said that he was so distraught after the death of Hartman, Jon Lovitz had to be restrained from beating the living crap out of Andy Dick because reportedly Dick may have supplied her with some drugs (which eventually led to her falling off the wagon). Dick has denied it repeatedly, but the rumor persists. He's had a very checkered career since that show ended.

Comic Jon Lovitz savagely beats comic Andy Dick

9. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Good Lord did I love him. All I have left is a "Best of" SNL dvd and endless Simpsons characters.
    "Works on contingency? No, money down!"

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  10. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Very funny guy and a very sad story. Hard to believe that's 20 years ago. I don't know why but I remember exactly where I was when I heard...I was at the Five Point Cafe in Seattle.

11. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I love her.

12. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I always liked Phil. He proved himself on SNL to be one of the best ever. He was an extremely talented actor. If he was still alive, he'd have been 70 this year. I still miss his character acting. Here are NewsRadio bloopers:

13. halfjapanese

halfjapanese Gifs moider!

Another Phil Hartman favorite from SNL. It's a clever premise executed so well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.