Phish Tour Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Yankee8156, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

Four more Phish debuts tonight, including one off Page's 2007 solo album. Looking forward to watching the webcast replay of this one.

2. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Simple and First Tube were sick. Gin encore also hot.

3. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

Both Texas shows next week will be webcast.

4. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

As usual, I've pre-ordered the entire tour ... on CDs.

Fullbug and Erik B. like this.
  5. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

6. Complier

Complier Senior Member

7. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

If anyone stumbles across a decent stream later on, please post! Thanks!

8. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

that's awesome. Hook a brah up !

9. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

10. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

Band sounds good!

Lots of talking in the section :(

11. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Hey the first set at Shoreline kicked butt, best "Reba" I've heard in years. I ended up coming to this anyway despite my Rush R40 hangover from last night.

JRM, macdaddysinfo and mdphunk like this.
  12. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Slow start but strong end to first set tonight. Second set delivered the goods many times over. Excellent show!

JRM and macdaddysinfo like this.
  13. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

The first 50 minutes or so of the second set are amazing. Blaze On > Twist > Light - wow. Good enough that I upgraded my LivePhish app to the full subscription :)

macdaddysinfo and Crispy Rob like this.
  14. wavethatflag

I'm a fan of "The Line", and they nailed it as an opener and things got even better from there to the end of the show. That's the fourth time I've seen them at Shoreline since 2003 and it was by far the best, and I really enjoyed the 2009 show. I have to wonder if they can do at the Forum what they did last night. Trey was playing like he was really happy to be on the stage.

That was the best Phish show I've seen since probably the late 90s, maybe even earlier. The shows over the last 2 or 3 years seem to be getting better and better.

I'm not the biggest fan of "46 Days". I like it but it's not a "go to" Phish track for me. However, the level of playing is so high right now, every song sounds great.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  15. wavethatflag

By the way, if you're into Phish or similar bands, and haven't used cashortrade.org yet, sign up for it. It's an excellent resource. Shoreline was a fairly hot ticket I think, but a lot of good 200 level and a few 100 level seats were available for face or trade on cashortrade over the last week and a half or so. It frees you from the dark side of ticket acquisition on Craigslist, StubHub and similar. And the way the site is structured, you can buy, sell or trade with complete strangers with a high degree of confidence.

macdaddysinfo, mdphunk and Crispy Rob like this.
  16. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Funny, I feel the opposite about the Line and 46 Days, love the latter, lukewarm about the former. I thought they kicked it up a notch starting around Undermind. With the caveat that I have only seen Bay Area shows in the past 17 years, I completely agree that last night, especially second set when they set the gear shift even higher, was the best I've seen in person since at least '98, possibly '97.

Here are a few photos I took during Set II:

[​IMG]

Sometime deep in the Twist>Light jam.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this was during Joy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

End of Cavern.

17. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

My main memory of "46 Days" is hearing it (I think they played it on Saturday Night Live before the first 2.0 shows) and thinking "ok, another Chalkdust/Character Zero set one closing rocker" and then being surprised when they did a long space jam on it in the first live version. Haven't followed the song closely since then though.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  18. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I am generally a fan of those set one closing rockers, although I feel like 46 Days has a bit more Little Feat in its DNA than the others you mentioned. The version of 46 Days from the Greek in 2010 was long and jammed out, one of the high points of that run. Surprised me at the time as I was only familiar with it from the studio version and seeing them play it on Letterman or SNL.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  19. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Comment of the day from the Internet. Any of you who have seen Phish or the Grateful Dead at Shoreline probably know this experience as well as I do:

"When at the urinals at Shoreline, you can really sense that this venue was made for the Grateful Dead. Stare straight ahead into the wall, and the pattern there might cause a tripping person to see cosmic variables of all kinds of s%&*. I can’t explain it… it’s designed that way."

Cracked me up.

macdaddysinfo and wavethatflag like this.
  20. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Anyone else hear strains of the Wheel and especially I Know You Rider during the Twist>Light sequence last night? Trey's time put in with the Fare Thee Well band seemed to seep through a bit there. Almost thought they were going to go into Manteca at one point there as well.

JRM and macdaddysinfo like this.
  21. wavethatflag

I guess I need to pay more attention to the bathroom tiles. I never noticed anything.
    I didn't hear that, but Trey has definitely carried over the good vibes from Fare Thee Well into the current tour, just like Mickey said to do at the end of the Santa Clara shows. Har, har. "Take this feeling and bring it home; be kind to people."

macdaddysinfo and Crispy Rob like this.
  22. macdaddysinfo

macdaddysinfo Forum Resident

Cell reception kind of sux inside the forum, but any streams tonight..?

23. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

PM me and I will. I've got all the last few tours on CD. Seriously.

24. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

God damn that was good. My first time back at Forum since GD days. Place rocks now. Clean, nice seats (not that we used them), good sight lines, super friendly staff and most importantly killer sound. How about next round we get 2 or 3 nights here?

Funk party out of the gate with Martian Monster. Surprise DWD placement. Waiting All Night though 555 was the less strong part of show but all four songs were well executed and the energy stayed high. Limb by Limb (some very Jerryish stuff to my ears) through the rest of the set was $$$. Walls of Cave peaked hard.

Set 2 killed from end to end, even #Line crushed:). No Mans worked in lead off spot, and it worked very well. I know Carini and Tweezer were on the shorter side but no one cared. Slave was perfect, great song for LA too. YEM was a blast - Trey playing Mike's bass from behind while Mike played a little guitar, then Trey ran around to drum kit for a few minutes, Mike went to the boards and played with Page for a bit, and Page even plucked a little bass.

By the time we got to the car to drive home, the show had already been uploaded to LivePhish. Pretty cool listening to the show on the 2 hour drive back.

Catch em if you can, this tour is fuego. Can't wait for Tuesday and Wednesday webcasts :p

The Forum
    Inglewood, CA | July 25, 2015
    Showtime | 7:30 pm
    Show Poster By James Flames | http://goo.gl/J1UDbG

Set One: 8:10 pm - 9:31 pm

Martian Monster
    Down With Disease
    Waiting All Night
    Heavy Things
    Axilla
    Limb By Limb
    Ya Mar
    Fuego >
    Walls Of The Cave

Set Two: 10:03 pm - 11:07 pm

No Men In No Man's Land >
    Carini ->
    Tweezer >
    My Friend My Friend >
    Roggae
    Backwards Down The Number Line >
    Slave To the Traffic Light

Encore: 11:10 pm - 11:31 pm

You Enjoy Myself

wavethatflag and macdaddysinfo like this.
  25. wavethatflag

Judging from the onstage antics, it's clear they're enjoying this tour. Maybe I'll go for the TX webcasts.

JRM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.