PINK FLOYD "Animals" w/BOX-OBI 32DP-360

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by JohnD, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnD

JohnD California Addict Thread Starter

Thank you sir, May I have another!
    OK-
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest my armpits!! :)

If I could undue this, I would!

John

2. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

John You have nothing to feel bad about, seriously :righton: .

What all us guys are really asking for is a Rule. So far it has been an "unwritten law" that only BINs and seller's own auctions are posted just because these things are getting out of hand (in terms of money and emotions). Earlier this week the same people were posting the same points of view in the "other thread" which was closed.

Clearly, the gorts didn't like the "turn for the worse" which that thread was taking..but to avoid that in the future, we need some form of guidance.

Can the Gorts help please ???:righton: This is a serious request to review the current laissez faire approach.

Oh and Rick, Yeah finished auctions for the rubberneckers would be fine. Anything which causes an OMG! reaction after it finished is great. Just not an hour before the close. I agree with all that except the self policing part-because we already had the "I don't care-I like posted auctions-saves me searching" attitude together with the "Well if its an Unwritten law, until it's written, I won't abide by it". We also have others who aren't in all honestly aware of it, like this one, where the OP thinks he is doing a favour to other forum members.

3. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I think the rule should be you are not allowed to say anything negative to the original poster. Like "thanks jerk" which is essentially what people say to them. right now you are allowed to post links so I don't think the person posting them should have to put up with that. If you are not allowed then that is different but they are doing nothing against the rules except for a rule some forum members made up themselves. :)

4. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I won't get so sassy again, I promise....:angel:

...well, at least on this topic. :winkgrin:

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I know this is beating a dead horse but if we went to these options only:

1) EBay Amazon and all other BIN's - link away
    2) All Auctions (members or non-members) - no links.

There will be "slip-ups" but in the long run this will be in all probability a slightly happier place. Less flare-ups!!

Last Option:
    3) Leave 'er be.

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Ok what about the people that spend all the time searching for good buy it now prices. Aren't you hurting them too?

7. eelkiller

That is a great point! That hurts the people who have "favorite searches" and like me are not on-line for hours each day.. :wave:

8. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

That hurts the people who have "favorite searches" and like me are not on-line for hours each day..

But dont forget you have your own personal search engine Barry ..... Moi! :D

9. eelkiller

:righton: :wave:

Thanks Mark!!

10. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

so it seems it is all or nothing? :confused:

11. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Quite possibly, but then again, it would probably already be gone before everyone who'd complain would get it.

Therefore, we aren't really affecting it as much as posting a live auction. I'm sure there's still an effect...but I don't see it being a major one.
    Secondly....link to me one complaint someone here has voiced about posting a particular BIN...one complaint where it wasn't just brought up like now.

It doesn't seem to be an issue people complain about, unlike when live auctions are posted. But I could be wrong...show me a BIN thread where someone complained about that particular thread being posted.

That there tells me people don't mind it...the only ones who seem to argue about BIN's being posted are the same ones who want live auctions posted, go figure....;)

12. eelkiller

After considering your submission, that may be it I guess. Mark said this a while back didn't he? :)

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

so since people don't complain that makes it ok? And everytime someone complains everyone should change all the rules? I think you have to do a little better than that, sorry.

14. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

We have been over this ground before. We are not changing the rules. If people reading this thread reach a friendly agreement not to post auction links (only considering auctions, not Buy It Nows), then that's fine. However, we are not going to enforce it. eBay is not an exclusive web site that only provides information to the select few. Regardless of whether an auction link is posted here or not, it is not realistic to think that an auction for a "hot item" is going to be your secret. People are nearly always watching. Few hot items fly under the radar these days.

What we want to ensure is a free flow of information and a free discussion of music-related items in the marketplace. Again, please understand that this issue has been discussed before and the Gorts have previously stated that we are not changing the rules. Please understand that. If you see someone post a link to an auction that you are watching, you will just have to live with it. Complaining and trying to lay the guilt trip on someone is not appropriate.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.