Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

Perfect. All I want is the audio, and I can get it all (except the Continu/ation set) in CD quality from Qobuz for around $90. I'm glad I waited.

2. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

I think the assumption was they would probably use the same discs for the individual sets rather than go to the trouble and expense of redoing the Reverber/ation blurays but that was pure conjecture I believe and until someone has checked a bluray from the individual set we won't know for sure.

3. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

First 3 boxsets are at home in my Amazon Prime Safe Place!! Too much music...

4. I thought all I wanted was the audio too (and that's still mostly the case -- I did buy the full box back in early January) -- but there's a fair bit of video with unique audio on the set too.

Not saying all the video is to die for, but there's a good 1/3rd of it (the video), that's really quite good (simply for the audio track alone. That said, I've spun the CD's about 5x more than I have the DVD's (don't have BlueRay).

5. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

I'm sure it's very good, but whenever I buy music with a DVD or Blu-ray, I mostly view the video as bonus content because I rarely ever find myself with enough time to watch it.

bobloblaw likes this.
  6. I'm the same way. I think 90% of the DVD's I own (nearly all music-related), have only been watched a time or two each (at most). The funny thing is, my main (modest bookshelf) system in the living room died back around Thanksgiving, last month I finally got tired of not being able to listen to CD's in the main room of our 1BR apartment (living-room/dining/room/kitchen all feels like one big room). So I **finally** hooked up my old DVD player to our flats-screen TV (which I hadn't ever gotten around to doing on over 5 years, since we moved to DC from Kansas City) -- knowing I could at least get the DVD player to play CD's through the TV...

...and much to my shock, the sound was really great! It's a small apartment (625 square-feet), and the sound is really surprisingly full, and more than adequate.

Anyway, I have put on a few music DVD's too (more for the audio, than anything), so maybe I'm starting to at least get into some of the unique audio of the DVD's I own (and have tried to do so w/ this Pink Floyd box too).

Dr Mike likes this.
  7. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

How do you get the hidden Meddle 5.1 on Reverb....easter egg or code?

8. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

It's explained somewhere earlier in this thread.

I think you need to look at the disk with your computer.

I don't believe it's accessible with a player. I will be doing the same thing when I get home.

9. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Has anyone been able to confirm if the Meddle 5.1 mix is on the individual release for Reverber/ation?

My set is supposed to be delivered today, but I don't have blu-ray access on my computer (only a stand alone player), so I won't be able to check the disc for it. I may get an external bluray drive to rip it if the new individual set does contain it.

10. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

Well, someone on Quadraphonic.com is reporting that new individual release of Reverber/ation does not contain the Meddle 5.1 mix. :mad:

11. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Nobody ever promised you it was included though. I get you are dissapointed not getting something that wasn't meant to be there in the first place. I would be dissapointed too if i was into 5,1. But it was perhaps to be expected that they corrected the mistake.

makedatmusic likes this.
  12. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

That's helpful info. :righton:

I'm guessing you have a direct line into the Pink Floyd camp and knew it was originally released as a mistake? You should have posted that info before the release of the individual volumes, because some of us thought it might have been added as a secret bonus on purpose.

13. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

I'm not certain that poster was really looking at the disc correctly. There may still be hope.

andrewskyDE and PBo like this.
  14. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

As much as I'd love to hear Meddle in 5.1, I'm not buying an external blu ray drive to extract it manually,

15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

16. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

It has been stated in this thread many many many times. Alone the fact that you can not access it via a player but only via software that hacks the blueray code would have told you that.

bobcat, pekkahe and makedatmusic like this.
  17. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

I was hoping for it, but I wasn't counting on it.

I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever is in the set.

18. pinkchris1967

pinkchris1967 Exalted and Revered Member

Capitalism 101. They knew there was a market and he did sell a reasonable amount of albums at the time.

19. pinkchris1967

Much like Robert Johnson.

20. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

It looks like Qobuz does not have them for sale in the US. Trying to find the best deal on Cambridge Station...

21. pinkchris1967

WHOA, wait a minute......
    Are you really the one that created Project KAOS? I read about it briefly years ago and it was something of an obsession of mine trying to hunt it down. I finally contacted someone in Australia that was able to share it with me. Great work, BTW : )

BeatleJWOL and Runicen like this.
  22. pinkchris1967

Would be an interesting exercise to mix clips from all three of these together.

reverberationmusic likes this.
  23. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Having just bought the individual volumes and enjoying very much , it occurs to me that if he wished, Adrian Maben could compile an interesting prequel to Live In Pompeii giving a history of the band up to that point by showing highlights of some of the footage presented here.

24. kayley10

kayley10 Forum Resident

With computer effects and space footage? No thanks...

25. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Definitely not! I am putting my faith in the forthcoming Pompeii blu ray (whenever it is due to be released) to rectify some of the issues with the directors cut. Particularly those awful cutaway shots and hopefully will restore the correct screen ratio.