Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Generally I have about 10TB of file space. Two of my (external) hard drives are specialized for audio stuff, actually there's also much FLAC somewhere.
    Bit messed up that moment, but still I have enough space to add more music in there.^^

Runicen likes this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Same here. I rip everything!

3. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

Damn, I didn't get a cat with my copy. Must have been some special promo issue.

4. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Now we finally get what all that empty space in the box was for!

5. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Well, we have had to rip at least some of this box just to get all of the content (Meddle mixes, Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast in full)!

I have most of my stuff in one room but, after moving months ago, I still haven't sorted out some boxes in another room. I occasionally peek in there to find stuff I completely forgot I bought. Some of it wasn't cheap. Some of it I am sure I haven't yet listened to. Dear me.

lightbulb and Rne like this.
  6. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

If there'd been a cat with the box set, would that have made the box KITsch ?
    :)

Runicen, Rne and rontoon like this.
  7. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I have the Dark Side and Wall Immersions, but I passed on the WYWH Immersion because I really only need the unreleased tracks and those are on the Experience Edition. Still, the completist in me somehow still wants it. Bit of OCD I'm afraid.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  8. Six Bachelors

...but the quad is there...

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

A picture of the mess I tried to describe in an earlier post:
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the Floyd box is not readily available, so to speak.

10. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Nice! Eye spy a GD 72 Steamer trunk in that pic!

11. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

My favorite item in the collection :)

Hattipper and Six Bachelors like this.
  12. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

They say "you can't take it with you" -- but you know God is like "What? No, you can totally bring box sets. Who said you can't bring box sets?"

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Gee, I don't have so much box sets in my collection as you have in that picture alone.

14. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

I used to have a cat and I would listen to Pink Floyd with her sitting on my lap. During the song Dogs when the dog was barking, her ears would perk up and wonder where the dog was. Same thing happened with the animals grooving with a pict song from Ummagumma. I need a cat again.:love:

Rne and Outside The Wall like this.
  15. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

That looks like a room I could spend some quality time in. :D

Rne likes this.
  16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Everyone knows that there's no physical media in heaven. Only in Hell.. :nauga:

JediJoker and AlienRendel like this.
  17. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I have a couple of dozens more, placed like Tetris pieces somewhere else. I hope to be able to put them in order some day!

My late dog Regina would bark each time she listened to the reverse-wah-wah shrieks on the 1971 BBC version of "Echoes". She left me much too soon and I miss her like hell.
    Her sister Bertha, who's luckily still by my side, doesn't give a damn about it, but moves her head with curiosity when I listen to some experimental noisy passages by the Grateful Dead :love:

18. Outside The Wall

Cue the opening line of "Wish You Were Here"!

Ironclaw and rontoon like this.
  19. Six Bachelors

...and the second May '77 box!

Not that I'm a believer, but if those are my options, I hope to end up there.

20. Outside The Wall

Some comments about items not within a stated timescale.

Clearly, "Echoes 1974" on the Continuation CD is one such item, being out of the 1965-1972 time band.
    Similarly, the "Roland Petit Pink Floyd Ballet, France, news reports 1972-73" on the Obfuscation DVD/Blu-Ray, includes some material out of the 1965-1972 timescale.
    Earlier in this forum we've had discussion about omissions from the Early Years Box such as live versions of Obscured By Clouds tracks in 1972 and 1973.

The Immersion Edition of "Dark Side Of The Moon" includes material that seems to belong to a different timescale, or not immediately linked to "Dark Side": the video of "Careful With That Axe" and "Set The Controls" from Brighton 1972.
    Is this video content the same as that on the Obfuscation DVD/Blu-Ray?

21. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Yes.

22. Outside The Wall

Thanks. I need to have a look when I have chance!

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

That radio broadcast from France 1972 could've fit to the Continu/ation set. The sound quality is much like the bonus BBC stuff in that set.
    Apart of good audience tapes I don't think there ever was a soundboard recording of live performed OBC tracks.

24. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

More proof of how bad the research was on the audio side. This is what happens when a project like this is kept in pointless secrecy.

25. Outside The Wall

And then there's "Autumn 68" (Endless River) ...this (and more from 1969?) could have been in the Early Years Box Set...

Big Pasi likes this.