Pink Floyd - "The Endless River" -- New Release October 2014 (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

2. crimpies

crimpies Forum Resident

3. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Not relased yet and on to part four.

Can't imagine what has been spoken about so far ;)

John Bonham likes this.
  4. And the CD only is less expensive (currently) than the MP3 release of the full album too, $11.98 on CD vs. $14.99 as MP3's (maybe the MP3 version includes the DVD content too?).

(Still debating getting only the CD, vs. CD+DVD.)

5. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

The uncut review was really good, who ever did the review gets it. I'm excited to hear the more experimental stuff and and the older piper sounding keyboards mentioned in the review.

Sounds like my type of Floyd album. Give me a cross between SYOD and SYSYPHUS with a bit or Zabriskie point ambient outtakes please.

willy, supernaut, tedhead and 2 others like this.
  6. Keim

Keim Hangin' here from the start

I agree. I think this album has a lot of potential. Can't wait!

7. Spacement Monitor

Spacement Monitor Forum Resident

Can we get to part five by November 7th?

8. Me too! Couldn't be more pleased if it was a hodgepodge (in the better sense of that word) of various "pre-DSOTM"-inspired Floydian styles -- mixed with a few more modern takes (some of which could even be a bit like Dave's first solo album, for all I care).

Yes, there will be detractors who will complain that anything that sounds too much like DG's first solo album, isn't "Pink Floyd enough" to be Pink Floyd. But it's Dave's band now (going on 30 years now, last I checked), and some of it is naturally going to sound more like some of his solo work. (And better it sound like his S/T debut than "About Face".) As lovely as Dave's first solo album is, a bit more of that would not be unwelcome.

Totally psyched about the new album -- and the reported variety of styles, and the short track times on one of the sides doesn't necessarily portend doom, as some have suggested.

Carserguev likes this.
  9. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

It's felt like an interminable wait since it was first announced, but it's less than 2 weeks from now.

10. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

11. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

12. Maybe. This is almost like a new McCartney album (and I figured we would have a better chance if we turn this into a Beatles thread).

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

It's been on The Pink Floyd site, with a link to Amazon from day one.

14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I never went to the band's site and only saw the deluxe set on Amazon for weeks. Good to know. Ultimately I did see a single disc version on Best Buy's site, but wasn't sure if it was accurate.

15. The single-disc version hasn't always come up when I've done searches on Amazon -- it seems to be one of the "other formats" choices when you do click on one of the others, but doesn't seem to come up in search results as its own atomic item. Best as I'm remembering.

16. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Right you are, and I'm glad they didn't go on about Roger W. not being part of it!

17. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Anyone know who's pressing the vinyl? I actually saw Chad Kassem (QRP owner) at the New York audio show and asked him if he was pressing it and he said. "not sure yet" which seemed a bit strange given this was only about 4 weeks ago.. it's a monster order apparently and that's why he was on the fence. I suppose it doesn't really matter as long as it's not pressed by you know who and that other company you know where...

18. Josh C

Josh C Forum Resident

Bullmoose has the CD for $9.97. I opted for the CD/BR for $24.97. Can't wait for this to be released.

19. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

I think I will spring for the vinyl if I like what I hear - feeling nostalgic today.

20. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

Is this going to be released on the 10th or 11th in the US? Usually, Tuesdays are music releases in the US, AFAIK. 20 years later, I'm not sure how many fans will be rushing to snag a Floyd record. Pre-orders are pretty high on Amazon. Would like to beat any possible crowd, and would like to snag the CD/Blu locally rather than online.

21. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Not sure. My question is, if you do order from Amazon, will it arrive on release day or ship on release day? I've never ordered a new release from Amazon.

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Since it sounds like you don't have Prime obviously, I'd say within a week after release.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

With the upcoming Dylan release, if you choose 2 day shipping, you get it on release day.

24. Spacement Monitor

Spacement Monitor Forum Resident

Occasionally you'll get a new release a day early with Prime.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.