Pixar founder John Lasseter is my new hero

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dan C, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer Thread Starter

"60 Minutes II" had a cool story on Pixar and John Lasseter last week. Maybe it was a repeat that I missed the first time around.
    Did anyone else catch it?

For years I've loved everything Pixar has done and now have even more respect for the man behind the vision.
    Lasseter comes across as a genuinely nice guy. He's the new Walt Disney IMHO. Even the "Uncle Walt" public persona was a bit fabricated (he seemed to be more of a disciplinarian and somewhat emotionally distant man in real life) but Lasseter comes across as just your average guy who happens to be a creative and technical genius.

Lasseter is in awe of classic Disney. No hint of arrogance or "out with the old" with him, nothing but respect. The classics are studied and absorbed by Pixar.

"Heart" was brought up several times as the most important ingredient in Pixar projects.
    Sadly, heart is something that Disney the corporation seems to have lost. Disney Inc. has done away with traditional hand-drawn animation, but no matter how much money they spend they can't buy "heart" if no one there has it.

Dan C

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I'm wondering what the bidding will be like when Pixar fulfills their commitment with Disney...

3. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

The negotiations have been ongoing for the last year or so...

Pixar wants copyright, and I think they'll get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.