Please help me find a new AM/FM clock radio.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by cleandan, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allied333

allied333 Audiophile

[​IMG]

Only asking $1425 on ebay. But, they are taking offers!

[​IMG]

Or, this 'Jetsons' set for $42 on ebay.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  2. ALAN SICHERMAN

ALAN SICHERMAN Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, NY

I would go to ccrane.com a website that makes radio a priority. I gought a Sangean alarm clock radio from them about 10 years ago and it still works well. It sound is good not great but it's reliable and has
    both alarm and radio to wake me up.

I've also heard the Tivoli and it's has a very good sound.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  3. skriefal

skriefal Senior Member

I own one of these and consider the audio quality and the build quality to be nothing special. I replaced it with a Boston Acoustics Receptor and it was a significant upgrade. This doesn't mean that the Receptor is great either - but it's decent (for an alarm clock).

4. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

[​IMG] I use this one ( not home so pic is off net). Man I’ve had it for years:)

c-eling likes this.
  5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I have two Tivolis (a Model 1 pure radio and a Model 3 w/alarm clock) and love them. The Model 3 isn't a digital display though, so I didn't think think the OP would be interested.

6. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I found a Sony Dream Machine for like $3 at a thrift recently (my daughter needed something beyond her smart phone alarm. Can't really beat $3).

c-eling likes this.
  7. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

I ditched my radio alarm clock, because it encouraged me to lie in bed listening to the radio for too long every morning.

I now have a traditional analogue clock face bell alarm clock. Frightens me up and out of bed every day, without fail.

c-eling likes this.
  8. Guth

Guth Music Lover

I’ve enjoyed a number of table radios over the years. I still own a Tivoli Model One and enjoy it. But my favorite table/clock radio (that meets all of the OP’s requirements) is the Boston Acoustics Recepter, that while no longer made can be purchased via eBay.

I purchased my first Recepter around 15 years ago and it’s still going strong. The first generation had a battery backup for when the power goes out. I ended up moving my first Recepter out to our cabin by Mt Hood where I can still pick up FM broadcasts from Portland with it. I then purchased a second generation Recepter (off of eBay) for home use. The second generation gives up the battery backup but offers backup by way of a capacitor instead which seemed to work the one time I’ve needed it thus far. In addition the second generation added a mini jack auxiliary input.

9. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Sangean WR-11AE. Looks super nice for under 80$

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I got one similar to this. Probably a later model. It's great. It cost me $20, the reception, even in a not so great section of the house, is really good, SQ is decent and the dual alarm is really handy. I bought one because I was tired of using my phone as my alarm clock. Great decision that was. You could do worse than getting one of these Sony models. Nice units for cheap. Also, have battery back up so if the power cuts out, it stay on.

c-eling likes this.
  11. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

Alarm clock for Beatles fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.