Please recommend a wall shelf for my Rega P3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chris Desjardin, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

I am looking for a wall shelf for my Rega P3. I am not looking to build my own, so please don't recommend that. I have neither the time nor the skills to make one that will keep my wife happy with the size and appearance, unfortunately.

I have looked at the Rega shelf, which seems to be something that would be the most compact unit I can find (wife happy). However, I wonder if it's an overpriced unit that does nothing for vibration control, etc. Anyone have any thoughts, advice, recommendations on this, or any other shelf that will satisfy my needs?

2. Having that shelf mounted on a wall will already help with vibration control, but to address it properly you'll need to look at options for underneath the table.

3. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

If I were going to put my Rega on the wall, I'd definitely go with the Rega bracket.

AaronW likes this.
  4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

5. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

Any thoughts about the effectiveness of the stock Rega feet?

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Not great. Spend the $15 for the sorbathane.

7. SirAngus

SirAngus Forum Resident

I have the Rega shelf. It should be mounted on a load bearing or exterior wall. If you don't have one in the room, us a heavy wood shelf unit on the floor. I have this too and works well in my room with only the Rega feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.