POLL: Jimmy Page Will Take Your Career Directive- Choose Them Here!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Paperback Writer, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean

Sean Senior Member

New Firm album.

Paperback Writer likes this.
  2. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

That may in fact be the best use of their remaining "creative energies" at this point. Can I change my vote :laugh:

Paperback Writer and dkmonroe like this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I haven't seen the Coverdale clips yet, though I've heard of them. At least Coverdale is out there doing stuff instead of regularly talking about what great things he's going to do and then never doing it.

4. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I think an instrumental project would be his best move musically. Anything with a singer is likely to be tacky/cheesy/ imitating the past.

Coricama and Paperback Writer like this.
  5. DreadPikathulhu

I could go for another Honeydrippers album. It was released as Volume One way back in 1984.

6. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

Do a rock album with Neil Young & Crazy Horse !

7. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Have you heard Bill Wyman's Willie And The Poor Boys album? Page and Paul Rodgers appear together on a couple of tracks and it's very much in the same spirit as Plant's Honeydrippers project.

Paperback Writer and Coricama like this.
  8. DreadPikathulhu

Yes, I have. Another good one that could be followed up.

Page has long been a collector of Led Zeppelin bootlegs, so I'd like him to start an official bootleg series where the best available tapes that are out there are cleaned up and officially released. In 90% of the cases, bootleggers have already done the clean-up and splicing for him, but it would be nice to have stuff like Listen to This Eddie, Vancouver Mudslide, Texas International Pop Festival, or Blueberry Hill widely available instead of hidden in the cracks of the Internet.

9. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Well some things are the same as they always were :)

[​IMG]

10. duggan

duggan Senior Member

Join with Derek and Susan, a wonderful idea but is he good enough?

11. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I think the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts when it comes to Coverdale and Page working together. Their one album had at least 5 strong tracks. Maybe it was lightning in a bottle and may never be repeated but given the options (and the ticking clock) it would be interesting to see if Jimmy still had it in him to compose good original rock with someone. Apparently Robert ain't in the mood.

12. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Pact

sorry
    very amusing
    ratpack, unpack, compact,

wrong - one per bluesman per continent per century

Page's pact was he wanted to be in the greatest Rock and Roll band of all time
    The devil laughed when he made it happened in 6 years then pulled the rug out from under Jimmy

go see a Heart show! only a couple of 80s ballads
    I saw them a month ago - jumped into Robin Trower - Day of the Eagle
    great show
    Ann can sing Plant in an unfaltering dynamic voice - banshee years included
    She has lost a lot of weight recently too.
    Heart does 3-4 Zep encores faithfully including Immigrant Song at their shows plus Achilles' jr (Barracuda)

Paperback Writer and dkmonroe like this.
  13. 007james

007james Forum Resident

I choose other, put out a blues/rock album with anyone, even multiple collaborations on just one album, assuming he still has it. The zep re-releases/remasters are a bit under whelming, you can't get blood from a stone......

I have to add, I would love to hear/see some hi quality live Zeppelin stuff as well.... I have a feeling though that there is not much, if anything, left...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  14. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

I would certainly be interested in another Coverdale/Page album. I think that album is severely underrated and unfairly disparaged. Sure, it could be described as a pure Zeppelin imitation, but if Page is behind it, imitate away.

It is my belief that some people were simply against the idea of Coverdale/Page, so they didn't care that the actual album was mostly pretty strong.

Even Plant sang one of the Coverdale/Page songs.

15. Robin L

Robin L Musical Omnivore

Get a haircut!

dkmonroe likes this.
  16. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

He should do a Kickstarter campaign to build a portable Hi Res DAC and web store!

17. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Join up with Blackmore's Night, and imagine the possibilities...

18. Paperback Writer

Paperback Writer Forum Resident Thread Starter

It was inevitable, I left it out of the poll choices, but here it is - only HALF -joking -
    Jimmy and Macca!

If Paul has an inlination to do that oft requested Wings/Solo, only concert - but wants to calm his nerves about sales, reception and street cred - well Paul, Jimmy is your man!

"..........he looked an awful lot like Jimmy Page......."
    Indeed.

[​IMG]

19. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

More Satanic experimental soundtrack music, but without Kenneth Anger involved.

Tristero and Paperback Writer like this.
  20. Paperback Writer

Paperback Writer Forum Resident Thread Starter

• [​IMG]

JP & Paul McCartneypinterest.com

21. PHILLYQ

PHILLYQ Forum Resident

When I saw this, I thought they should do some gigs together, but Page would have to get his chops in order:

22. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

It's funny that you posted that picture. I wandered into a "Pickwick" bookstore (remember them?) on Hollywood Blvd in 1970 when LZ was touring before the release of LZ III. Jimmy Page was in the store that day. At first, I did not recognize him because he a cut his hair slightly shorter and was sporting a full beard. He looked like one of store employees and I only clued in when he was telling the store clerk that he was playing a show in town and would be not be around to order a book he was looking for.

23. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

Beck+Page.

The pastures ain't making space for Jim just yet. Let the man play.

24. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Not to detract from yet another knee-slapping "Jimmy Page, statutory rapist" quip, but we're all clear on the fact that dating a 25 year old person is actually not "the same" as the other thing, right?

25. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

No! When he recorded the first Zeppelin album, she WASN'T EVEN BORN YET! Her PARENTS were probably TODDLERS! PERVERT! OFF WITH HIS....YOU KNOW! :laugh:

Paperback Writer and JL6161 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.