Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 10)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGruder

McGruder Eternal Musicphile

Cool, thanks! Nice job.

2. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

3. tyinkc

tyinkc Senior Member

Wawazat: Outstanding music room! I'm green with envy! Thanks for sharing!

4. MorbidToaster

MorbidToaster Well-Known Member

Saved this. I just got done dipping my toe in the DIY water with my rack. This looks like a great next project to me...and I'm running out of space in my Expedits. :D

5. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Wawazat gets my vote for one of the most fun rooms I've seen out here.. Very cool! Love all the tape decks

6. Wawazat

Wawazat Forum Resident

IF you(or anyone for that matter) decides to build one(or 6 as I did!), let me know and I'll send you some additional pictures and some tips. I wish I had someone to do it for me-would have saved me hours! They are not really that hard, but if you do certain things wrong you will have major issues.

7. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Yikes! Four reel-to-reels? There are radio stations which have fewer reel decks on hand.

Nice set, up Wawazat. I'm envious.

8. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

darkmatter and motorcitydave like this.
  9. thewho

thewho Forum Resident

Wawazat, great room! What is in the Black Crowes display in the middle?

10. Wawazat

Wawazat Forum Resident

Actaully 3 other non functioning RTR's up on top of shelves so they are hard to see. 7 RTR's total, and a few other cass decks not in the room at all.

I have a bizarre form of magnetic tape illness. I can't say no.

DSC02119.JPG

RIAA Award for the first LP. View attachment 239962 DSC02118.JPG

Attached Files:

thewho likes this.
  11. ggergm

#1 rule of the Grateful Dead in the studio: Record more than you erase.

12. Wawazat

Wawazat Forum Resident

For TONEPUB:

Make sure you support the underside with the "scraps" from the full sheet of wood. As you can see you don't really have to stain those pieces, you'll never see em.
    The opening(this one not drilled so well!) so you can install a light for the lower racks. You will need it, can be dark on the bottom shelves.

DSC02122.JPG DSC02123.JPG

rockindownthehighway likes this.
  13. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Thanks man! Great stuff...

14. "Nighttime in the switching yard"

photo copy 2.jpeg

thewho likes this.
  15. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

I just completed a system overhaul in the past year. I went from a pair of DeVore Fidelity Gibbon 8s, a Rogue Audio Cronus integrated tube amp, a Rega P5 with a Dynavector 20x2L, a Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena and an Emotiva ERC-1 CD player.

Enter today: My system now consists of a brand new pair of DeVore Fidelity 3XL speakers, a Line Magnetic 216IA integrated tube amp, a Well Tempered Amadeus GTA with an EMT TSD-15N SFL, a Dynavector P75 mk.3, with Morrow Audio cables for my phono setup and speaker cables. Only the Emotiva remains from the previous system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IanL and kfringe like this.
  16. Erocka2000

And a few more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IanL likes this.
  17. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Bet that's an enjoyable system. Did you deal with Tone/In Living Stereo for the Devore and Line gear? Who sells Well-Tempered these days in NY?

18. Erocka2000

Yes, I purchased almost the whole system at In Living Stereo, including the Well Tempered. Only the Emotiva and Morrow cables were purchased elsewhere.

19. MorbidToaster

My dealer down here in Texas sells Devore, WTL, and LM as well. Oh, and of course the Dynavectors.

I wasn't particularly impressed by my recent 88 audition, but I'm looking for something very different from the Devores I've heard.

Definitely considering a WTL Amadeus and LM 218 though.

20. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Morbid, once I'm fully set up in Austin, you'll have to visit. It's strictly vinyl, tubes/SET amps and horns.
    Don't know if there's a PM facility here, if not I'll give you a way to reach me.

hvbias likes this.
  21. MorbidToaster

Dropping you a line now.

22. ggergm

Erocka2000, even from Minnesota I can hear the musicality of your system. I bet that puppy just flows. You've done an outstanding job of picking your gear.

You are so lucky to have a dealer who stocks this gear and you can play with it. So many manufacturers, including Well Tempered, ignore the Upper Midwest. I almost drove to St. Louis to listen to it before I bought my VPI Classic 2. They are two totally different pathways to spinning and evoking sound from a phonograph record. I've always appreciated the sound I've heard from Well Tempered turntables, going back 40 years. Someday I'll own one.

I've got to ask you the standard question which is asked every Well Tempered turntable owner: how is it cueing the cartridge through raising the rear of the arm with your hand? Can you cue it down in the middle of a record relatively accurately without it bouncing all over the place?

23. House de Kris

House de Kris VVell-known member

This system is not the one listed in my profile, but I listen to it more than my profile system these days. I like to listen to music outdoors, and while outdoor listening does have some drawbacks, I find the benefits far outweigh the downsides. Hopefully no one will complain about my lack 0f room treatments. I don't have any, and frankly, I don't feel I need any to reap buckets of satisfaction from this system. The benches in a 'T' shape are at the equilateral point of the triangle with the speakers. I prefer to sit a bit further back (about 80' back from the speakers, speakers are about 60' apart). DD-straight800.jpg DD-listeningarea800.jpg DD-distance800annotated.jpg 4-way Whole-sml.jpg

24. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

25. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I can't speak to the new WTT models, but the original one was no problem, the arm is highly damped as a result of that viscuous liquid, cueing is simple as pie. FWIW, the original table (which I tweaked the hell out of over the years) gave you a real taste of high end performance for a very reasonable price. My old friend George Stanwick used to handle distribution, but he's out now, and I've lost touch with him. I kept the WTT for years, used it in a pretty high grade system back in the day, running a Lyra Parnassus in it, to (what is now a vintage) ARC SP-10mkii and a series of ARC tube amps to a pair of Crosby Quads. The only piece I have left from that system is the Quads. It was a terrificly musical rig and gave up very little (perhaps the lowest octave thwack, which would have been compromised on the Quads anyway). I haven't played with the newer WTT, but Firebaugh is a bit of a genius.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.