Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. View from my desk. Downstairs office. Self employed and work at home. :tiphat:

[​IMG]

Burner, Kostas, royzak2000 and 43 others like this.
  2. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Very nice
    Is that the natural sunlight illuminating the bass drum?

3. Yes it is... It is very warm and sunny in Seattle throughout the summer and early fall....

SandAndGlass likes this.
  4. Purplerocks

Purplerocks Forum Resident

Beautiful!

5. Here is the opposite view from the drum stool.

[​IMG]

royzak2000, arar, BigGame and 17 others like this.
  6. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!

Manimal and Dennis0675 like this.
  7. Thanks, it's a fun room to work and to listen to music in. I mostly play CDs here through my refurbished JBL L100s The speakers audiophiles love to hate. I bought my very first pair in 1975 for $600 and my girlfriend thought I was crazy. Found a refurbished pair a few years ago so they are a sort of nostalgic thing, but they rock nicely downstairs.

I have my old 80s Dual cs 5000 turntable set up but I never really play records here. That's saved for my upstair gear.

PhilBiker and Dennis0675 like this.
  8. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Dennis0675 likes this.
  9. SandAndGlass

Love those vintage guitar amps.

Love your collection of guitars and what a great drum set, but I like POV photos, as it conveys a sense of presence and scale.

The shot with the sunlight shining through the bass drum is outstanding.

Dave, Manimal and Dennis0675 like this.
  10. I'm not particularly spiritual but the drum set belonged to one of my oldest friends. We met when we were 12 and played in bands together through high school and then over the years for fun. Up until about five years ago.

When we met at 12 we both played drums in the school band but I switched to guitar so we could be in a band together. He passed away about four years ago and when I moved to Seattle from San Francisco his wife gifted his set to me.

KUMBAYA!!!

11. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I thought it was the Bose 901 that was, "The speakers audiophiles love to hate".

No wait...those were the "Love em or hate em speakers".

Dennis0675 and Mazzy like this.

12. Read the third comment on this thread JBL L100's? :tiphat:

Dennis0675 and Ron P. like this.
  13. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

HA!!! That's hilarious!!! The man himself does not care for them a bit does he.

Mazzy likes this.
  14. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

Bose doesn't have a monopoly on that. Audiophiles love to hate a lot of things. :laugh:

Ron P. and SandAndGlass like this.
  15. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

16. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Great album!

Dennis0675 and Ron P. like this.
  17. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member

OUCH! I like it.

18. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

More upgrades, more picture updates... added curtains to the room, and the acoustic differences are CRAZY. I have to get used to it, actually. Sounds so much more tight and contained.

I was used to reflections as the room has double glass doors, and 4 windows, so... yeah. Heavy curtains have changed everything.

In a week, 4 acoustic panels are going on the ceiling, and that should complete the room (for now)!

Anyway, thanks as always for looking :)

https://i.imgur.com/BVjs1JT.jpg

19. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

I really dig Your guitar amp collection.

Mazzy likes this.
  20. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

[​IMG]

JUCO, easycraig, royzak2000 and 30 others like this.
  21. SandAndGlass

That is special. A friend of mine from Jr. H.S. was run over by a car while crossing the street, while in a crosswalk, just a few months back. While I don't have any physical possessions of his, he helped influence my interest in music.

His father was a major investor in an amusement park just south of us, it was a buy admission and all the rides were free. They later built an outdoor concert arena. I was a year older than Jim and so I would drive and he would get us in the concert for free.

The first concert that I went to was Grand Funk R.R., but it was not the last...

You can Google, Pirates world concerts and see who played there.

KUMBAYA

22. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Going to be singing "Time Machine" all day now. That was an amazing era.

"Well a-hey there baby, do you want to make the scene?
    I said a-hey there baby, do you want to make the scene?
    Aw well come on over baby, step into my time machine...."

Mazzy and SandAndGlass like this.
  23. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Would love to see your profile filled out with your gear!

Wired4Fun likes this.
  24. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Wow you weren't kidding! What a lineup of shows. What caused it to close? Crowd control? Insurance?

25. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Maz:
    I have seen that room posted before and thought how spacious and well laid out it was and there is nothing like a Gretch trap set to "set" the room off. The really cool blue front L-100's are a real keeper, I had the L-100's before I was an audiophile know it all, and I want my old pair back, just a great fun speaker, your blue fronts are just the best! You really have a neat home, and I have to think you must be single, as you get away with a lot of audio shenanigns that most married men could not pull off! It's amazing to me just how your rooms are so large and spacious, just perfect for audio! If you don't have one already, add a nice double bass pedal to the Gretch trap set, you will have fun with that! :whistle:

SandAndGlass likes this.