Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. timind

timind phorum rezident

You know I kid. Although, the best humor always has a hint of truth.

2. George P

George P Notable Member

That's true.

timind likes this.
  3. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    My main audio setup is in a mixed used room. Kids using two piano on the right of my setup. They prefer the analog aound of Yamaha U1 over the digital Suzuki. ;)

BigGame, 33na3rd, Manimal and 17 others like this.
  4. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Nice - clean.

Manimal and athenarecords like this.
  5. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Love it!

Is it a small apartment/home or is it just a bedroom?

athenarecords and djost like this.
  6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

He lives in London - nuff said.

Manimal and Ron P. like this.
  7. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. I looked to see if he was in Tokyo or something. They have these new micro homes that make my first apartment in Chicago, (390 sq. ft.), look downright spacious. But I had good sound in there!

His space is very cool!

timztunz and bluesaddict like this.
  8. athenarecords

athenarecords Forum Resident

Thank you, it's a small studio flat (although comparatively big for London!)

9. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

A bunch of changes since my original post 100+ pages back :)

Added three layer, heavyweight curtains to all the windows, acoustical panels to the ceiling, a P5 Powerplant, a MC275/C47 replaced my integrated, and some cable changes. Just wanted to share the upgraded room :) Thanks for sharing in my excitement! :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. timind

timind phorum rezident

@Wired4Fun, my room is the exact dimensions as yours, except mine is an 8 ft ceiling while yours appears to be 9 ft. I'd like to suggest you try setting your speakers up in a diagonal configuration. It worked wonders in my square room and I've become an evangelist for the diagonal set up in square rooms. The nice thing about it is you can try it on a slow weekend, and if not to your liking, switch back; nothing but a few hours to lose.
    Not sure I've used this pic, but here's mine:
    [​IMG]

barfko, BigGame, CrazyCatz and 20 others like this.
  11. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Appreciate the suggestion. For a MILLION reasons, including but not limited to WAF, existing furniture, double doors, and windows, I am never changing the layout LOL. I love your idea, though. Just one of those things I won’t be doing.

TBH, I am SO happy with the sound, and have it dialed in just perfectly for me, that the idea of playing with it seems more “scary” than “fun”, too.

Yeah. I’m a wimp LOL!

12. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

You have excellent taste. Now go and make your bed!

Manimal, Kyhl, thxphotog and 4 others like this.
  13. rbmitch2

rbmitch2 Forum Resident

I agree - my room is about the same size as yours and it works surprisingly well with larger speakers.

[​IMG]

14. timind

timind phorum rezident

I haven't tried it with speakers that large. Bet it sounds good though. I see the corner bass traps which I know can work wonders.

Manimal and quicksilverbudie like this.
  15. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I totally hear you Wired! Although timind is correct on his corner configuration theory, ( and I would love to hear his rig), I have been resistant to trying it for it would be a LOT of work to reconfigure. Soooo many times in the past have I fussed with my set up for that little bit better sound. I am a big fan of the, "If it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy.
    Or is that me just getting lazy?

Manimal, Wired4Fun and timind like this.
  16. DEG

DEG Sparks ^^^

If I had the coin, I would buy one immediatly!

Chazz likes this.
  17. DoF

DoF Less is more...

Hey guys, Merry Christmas!!!!!:hugs:

18. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I like diagonal set up's. In my case, the corner that I have the TV, two sets of front speakers, a small equipment rack and a couple of monoblocks, where the rack and monoblocks are behind the TV, has a rear wall that is 6' deeper than on the other side. This creates a pocket, where the equipment can sit, without intruding into the space of the main room.

Manimal, timind and Ron P. like this.
  19. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Most folks would not understand, unless they could sit where you sit. Altec speakers can work in almost any size room. I used to have a pair of Model 19's.

I currently have a pair of A7's in my listening room. Although it's a bit larger than yours (about 450 sq. ft.), you could put the A7's in the same positions in your room as the 19's and they would still sound excellent, from your current listening position.

Manimal, timind and bluemooze like this.
  20. rbmitch2

rbmitch2 Forum Resident

They really are amazing speakers. I was worried when I moved and my listening room shrank from a 600 Sq ft man cave to a spare bedroom. The 19's sound great - with some help from GIK room treatments and a Dspeaker DAC/DSP.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  21. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

not my actual room, but I'm working in something like (see pic below)

why? I like storage my collection in boxes to control some things like humidity (with silica gel), dust and other problems that shelves gives due things are exposed.

[​IMG]

Kyhl, PhilBiker, Mazzy and 1 other person like this.
  22. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

curious what use you gives to the Giottos Rocket Air Blaster? to clean what?

PhilBiker and Dennis0675 like this.
  23. timind

timind phorum rezident

I would love to get the equipment out of the room. I could probably use a closet if it weren't for the remote control.

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  24. NoDad

NoDad Forum Resident

There are remote control "extensions" which may work. You might want to Google "Infrared Receiver Extender Cable".

timind likes this.
  25. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I used to have my stuff in a closet but eventually took it all out. Being in the closet made things too difficult when I changed out a piece of equipment or needed to clean off the dust, etc.