Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. racer59

racer59 Forum Resident

That’s weird. I’ll retry later.

PhilBiker likes this.
  2. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

Thanks, that photo bucket is weird as some can see the photos and some can't. It always seems I'm in the group that can't!

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. mongo

mongo Senior Member

WOW WOW WOW!!!

SandAndGlass, action pact and Mazzy like this.
  4. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Hopefully, I'll finally be able to post in this thread in the spring after my Reno from beyond the stars is finally done. Sheesh.

Anyway, like Mazzy I live in the Seattle area and we are currently going through "The Dark Time".
    Even though my living room has a 5 x 10 window the house is oriented to the north for the view so it never gets direct sunlight.
    To compensate I chose Ben Moore Simply White for the ceiling and walls.
    The deal with "whites" is that there is about 5 zillion shades of white paint.
    Hopefully the new mahogany floor will provide a nice contrast to warm it up.
    Said before, I'll say it again.
    Best thread on the Internet.

5. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

I first heard about Mai Kai after my last trip to Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago. I'm really anxious to get back down there and check it out.

PhilBiker, SandAndGlass and Mazzy like this.
  6. But at least today is the brightest sunniest day so far this year in Seattle. :tiphat: All natural light. That window faces south.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Litejazz53, Cactus Bob, arar and 22 others like this.
  7. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Lucky you. :)
    Yup. Nice change. The Olympics are out & beautiful.
    From the lower pic, I can see what I assume is downtown Seattle, could be Bellevue.
    Guessing that is looking north & west so you are in the Rainier\Columbia City\Seward Park area?
    If you don't want to say, I understand.

God I wish we could spend the dollars and bury all the utility lines and get it over with.
    If we're spending money, spend on it something that benefits everyone.
    Not meant to be political at all but Puget Sound is awash in cash now's the time.

8. To the right of that Pole is downtown.

Yes I’m in Columbia City. Five blocks to the light rail. 12 or so minutes driving to downtown or West Seattle or Capitol Hill. A mile from the lake. So fairly easy access. I work at home so no hellish commuting.

Four years here now. Native San Franciscan but sold out there after 57 years. But probably always a city boy.

All these great cities are going through this congested crap. And yes all the new homes/ development out the wide window have buried powered lines.

mongo and Aftermath like this.
  9. inperson

inperson Senior Member

It seems you and my mom have the same hobby. Pillow collecting :)

Mazzy likes this.
  10. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You should be. If you are into Tiki culture, this is the place.

Below is the Molokai-Bar inside of the Mai-Kai restaurant and supper club. They are in the Guinness World Records as having the longest continuous running of a polynesian show.

When you are in town, I have special weekly rates at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Inn, for our audiophile members of the SHF's, of $200/wk (subject to room availability).

I've been dining here for more than a half century.

Happy hour in the Molokai Lounge is on me!

[​IMG]

If you like Rum Runners, Planter's Punch's and Mai-Tai's, this is the real deal. All made with aged Jamaican rums and real, fresh fruit juices.

Donniej, hkm3, Manimal and 7 others like this.
  11. Ha. You know is sort of started when we sold our San Francisco house four years ago . A stylist friend helped clear out some stuff and do a partial staging. She brought in lots pillows and other things and I got used to having them when you stretch out for tv and Music.

inperson and PhilBiker like this.
  12. mongo

mongo Senior Member

Cool!!
    How much does cost to rent a booth in Mai Kai for week? :cool:
    Took the virtual tour. That place is huge.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

May have to take you up on that offer!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

That place looks extraordinary!

We have one significant tiki palace here in the Boston area, the legendary Kowloon in Saugus, since 1950. That strip of Route 1 used to be filled with all sorts of wonderful Googie weirdness, but a lot of it was torn down during the past decade, which upsets me to no end.

But Kowloon is still standing and still awesome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kenrothman, Manimal, gritty and 5 others like this.
  15. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

16. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  17. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

18. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Oooooo....Bananaaa!! Now all you need is a CatTikki.

PhilBiker and SandAndGlass like this.
  19. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

The large painting of the tropical plant and the board with the tiki like figures in one of the links were painted by my mother in law who passed away last summer. We have quite a bit of her art in our house.

The board was in an attic above her garage with some other works. My wife had never seen it before we found it.

PhilBiker and SandAndGlass like this.
  20. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Count me as another with little interest in an isolated listening room. Yes it's a dining room, adjacent to a living room, in a circular floor plan. You can walk in the front door, through the kitchen, into the dining/living room and back to the front door. I consider this to be where the house lives, and occasionally other people. :)
    H[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Do you just turn the speakers depending on which side of the living space you are at?

22. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Yes I can. But the sweet spot is really at that dining table, where most of the listening is done.

23. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Looks good man!

action pact likes this.
  24. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Best football uniforms ever. I am not kidding.

Pinknik, PhilBiker and trd like this.
  25. Who threw up on your rug? :laugh:

Jimi Floyd and royzak2000 like this.