Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

Well said Slippers-on, :righton:
    As I mentioned above a few post ago (#8784) they don't have to be way out into the room like some other speakers. I'll experiment for sure. I plan to get local audio guru Stirling Trayle out for a day once I think I'm close. He's expensive, but well worth the final tweaking. His website: Audio Systems Optimized Turntable Set Up - Loudspeaker Set Up and a nice write-up Audio Systems Optimized System Setup - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com . Off course I've read Jim Smith's book, watched his DVD, read countless other books & articles over the years on room/speaker setup and such. It's a journey for sure. This weekend, I'm just enjoying having sound - as this was part of a long whole house renovation. My wife "allowed" me to splurge on "our" audio/living room. Thus, the TV above the fireplace and the comfy RH "Cloud" Couch sectional. All I wanted was a single Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman. But, this is a room we'll entertain in, and spend lots of time with our kids. :D

4xoddic and alan967tiger like this.
  2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow. Fantastic.
    How many people does it take to move those amps?

3. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Ohhhh mannnn! That's pretty special.

4. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

They are 116lbs each. I recruited the help of both my wife and 12 yr old son to position them on the amp stands.

PhilBiker likes this.
  5. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Did you get NEW cables? IF so what brand?

6. Slippers-on

Hi st3lvio.....I've notices a few things I'd like to ask you about in your system. First the Shunyata Alpha power cords. These are power conditioning power cords. And you also have the Denali system. Are both really needed? Seems like it would be over kill and a little smothering of some of the higher frequencies...is this not the case? Also, are you using a full loom of the WW Silver Eclipse 7....interconnects as well as speaker wire? I've used and still have the Silver Eclipse 7 as well as the Platinum 7 and think its an excellent cable.....as well as an excellent company. And knowing the sound of the MAC tube amps as well as Canton speakers and how they sound, it seems like a very well thought out and balanced combination.

7. mongo

mongo Senior Member

A bit off topic here but the cool thing about this thread is that we not only get to see the gear that folks are into but the rooms that are reflections of that person's personality, taste, etc.
    I'm nearing the point where
    That is one Muscular looking system.

8. Music1212

Music1212 Forum Resident

Very nice!!

9. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

Hey Slippers-on, To answer your questions:
    1) I'm running Shunyata Alpha NR power cables straight from the MC2301 to the Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets. Each outlet for the amps are on their own 20 amp circuit. No power conditioner for the amps. If I where to put one in I would add a pair of Shunyata D2000/T's. They retail for $3,495, but like most everything will be found used on Audigon or US Audiomart (or other places). Just not in my budget or priority at this time. (I purchased 1/2 my gear used BTW). Cantons, MC2301's, Core Audio amp stands, and Shunyata Cables are new - the rest are used from various places. I've been slowly purchasing items over 1 1/2 year timeline. The 2301's where in their original boxes since Nov 2016!
    2) I'm running Shunyata Delta NR cables from the DS Jr and C1100 controller to the Denali and it's plugged into it's own (3rd) dedicated circuit (with a GTX-D NFC outlet).
    3) I also have one of these on my main panel: Environmental Potentials Whole House Power Conditioner (EP-2050)
    4) The 3 dedicated circuits for my gear feeds from a sub-panel just outside my audio room. Nothing else gets plugged into these outlets.
    5) WW Silver Eclipse speaker cables are bi-wired to the Cantons. XLR's from DS Jr to C1100 and long WW Eclipse (6 Meter) from C1100 to MC2301's.

[​IMG]

What's Overkill?? :shrug:

10. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Yummy. Just got the new RH catalogue and showed that Cloud couch to my wife.

11. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

Also, my ONLY source right now is the DS Jr DAC. I feed the Jr with this: RJ/E Ethernet .
    I'm using the Bridge II input for the Jr as it's ROON Ready. I ran a few dedicated CAT 6A lines under the house & in a plastic conduit to my server closet on the other side of my house that holds all my media. Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials is where my ROON server is installed. I'll switch my music over to something dedicated in the future, just not sure what at this time. I've built several computers in the past, but may go with something like this: 1U Roon Appliance that can sit in my server rack with the rest of my network gear. I have NO desire for a computer server in my audio room. I use a Surface Pro as the ROON end point, and that's it. My room is dead silent, and that's how I'm keeping it. Simple is better IMHO.

12. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

This was a big push from my wife. I didn't want a sectional, but it is our adult "entertaining" room. There's a RH in Walnut Creek not far from our house, sat on that thing and melted...

timztunz likes this.
  13. acdc7369

acdc7369 Forum Resident

It’s been 7 years since I posted a pic of my listening space so I think I’m due

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JUCO, 16hz lover, easycraig and 56 others like this.
  14. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Room is crying for treatment, though...

15. Ventoux

Ventoux Forum Resident

I know I know... We haven't even hung a picture up since our remodel, so I'll get there. In time

16. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

Anyway, don't start with a wool rug, your kit deserves a rare and ancient oriental carpet. They also do acoustic wonders, by the way.

[​IMG]

17. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Love it!

acdc7369 likes this.
  18. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

Looks very comfortable. Love the Pioneer SX-1280. My brother has my old SX 3500 that I bought new when it first came out. It was my birthday present to me.

acdc7369 likes this.
  19. Slippers-on

Yeah, st3lvio...what's overkill???? lol! IF I would have looked hard enough at your first pictures of your amps, I would have seen them plugged directly into the wall outlets...my bad! Man. And I think you've made an excellent choice in speaker cables....as well as your entire system! Congrats on such a superb sound!

20. Slippers-on

You have no use for wireless streaming I see? Take a look at this......Nimitra – Computer Audio Server

21. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

A shot of casa di Floyd without including the Michelangelo ceiling? Come on man, put the wide angle lens to some good use!

22. TEA FOR ONE

TEA FOR ONE Listening to the world one note at a time

Beautiful!

Jimi Floyd likes this.
  23. putz

putz Forum Resident

Since I have a 7.0 HT setup synched to my 2 Channel system, I had to label each cable so I could reattach them without too much drama. I picked up a Blue Circle power conditioner recently and needed some 2 meter cables to reach from the rack to the conditioner. I got one each Cardas Cross and Zu Audio Event PCs to cover that nut. I also recently added Cerious Technologies Grahene Extreme PC and speaker cables to my system. The speaker cables made a big difference. So did the Blue Circle conditioner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Jmac2043

Jmac2043 Forum Resident

25. putz

putz Forum Resident

I'm guessing you don't use the fireplace much?