Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. klyph

klyph Forum Resident

2. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

@klyph, Are those Spatials M3 or M4s? How long have you had them, and how do you like them?

3. klyph

klyph Forum Resident

M4s. I’ve had them for about 2 1/2 years, which in this hobby should let you know I’m really enjoying them lol. It took a while before I got used to the open baffle “sound” but once I did there was no going back. I’m probably gonna upgrade to the Triode Master version soon.

4. decontrol2

decontrol2 Well-Known Member

Nice! Which table do you like best?

PhilBiker likes this.
  5. klyph

klyph Forum Resident

I’ve only had the Concept for about a month. It’s my first moving coil and I’m loving it so far. I’m using it for new and clean records and the Marantz for used ones I just don’t feel like cleaning at the time.

mktracy and PhilBiker like this.
  6. Michael Mastin

Michael Mastin New Member

Fred are those horns made from the Bubinga boards that I sold to you a few years ago? I am in McKinney.

Michael Mastin

7. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

It's funny how you can probably judge a persons personality by their room set up.

Bingo Bongo and bluesaddict like this.
  8. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Or their avatar? :)

9. hfarrior3

I see a few neatly organized/arranged somewhat sterile looking environments.

Sprague Dawley likes this.
  10. hfarrior3

It's a neat set up. But I've seen a few pics of record players in bars/restaurants lately. Just doesn't seem like the kind of environment that lends itself well to playing records. The constant flipping of sides as to be annoying; seems it would be much better to have a streaming service.

11. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Absolutely love that film by the way! The Dude only wanted his rug back as he was getting unwanted reflections off his hardwood floor :)

12. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

I wish we had a place like this near me. Love the Mac hear.

WHitese likes this.
  13. hfarrior3

It came out when I was in college and we easily quoted it for a few years. It's probably the most quotable movie ever; any situation you face in life to come to, that movie has a quote for. It's definitely in my top five films, just haven't watched in in a while because it's so burned into my brain.

trd, Mintsauce and PhilBiker like this.
  14. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Most quotable movies would have to be The Big Lebowski and Dumb and Dumber.
    Just like, my opinion, man.

hkm3, 4_everyman, Twinsfan007 and 6 others like this.
  15. Joey_Corleone

Joey_Corleone Forum Resident

STFU Donnie.

16. CowFish

CowFish Forum Resident

Yeah but it's, like, soooo hip right now...

ZenMango likes this.
  17. hfarrior3

Exactly, that's what I was thinking in my head but was trying to be polite. This is one of those absurdities brought about by Hipsterdom.

ZenMango and andybeau like this.
  18. hfarrior3

This is one of my favorite images depicting hipsters gone to absurdity.

[​IMG]

19. trd

trd Forum Resident

Yep, saw it twice the first week it was out. I was also in college. I can basically recite the movie :laugh:

hfarrior3 likes this.
  20. hfarrior3

I think if I ever drink a White Russian again I might puke. They were so good though.

Madness and trd like this.
  21. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

That can't be real, is it?

22. hockman

hockman Forum Resident

Well, the guy could be just auditioning used records to see which he wants to keep/buy. Surely you've seen these guys at flea markets or fairs?

23. hfarrior3

I've never seen anyone do that. Anyway it looks like he's a bar/restaurant, plus he has a black turtle neck with a tweed jacket.

sushimaster, Mintsauce and CowFish like this.
  24. arem

arem Forum Resident

It's real, but it's also gotta be 8-10 years old. I know I saw it that long ago.

25. CowFish

CowFish Forum Resident

Looks more like a suede button down shirt / jacket. Probably vegan leather :) (is that a FisherPrice turntable ???) lmao
    But to get back on topic.
    Sorry I don't have a proper, recent pic handy but here's a pic of a recent Tannoy shoot out:

[​IMG]

On the left: a friend's 8" dual concentrics (ceiling speakers) in experimental enclosures.
    In the middle: my newly acquired 'preciouses', Type 2062 8" paper cone dual concentrics in their (soon to be replaced) pa cabs. Amazing, magical speakers.
    On the right: PBM-6.5 'monitor' speakers, my computer desk nearfield speakers. Great speakers, though nowhere near ruler flat, which doesn't really make them studio monitors but very nice for pleasure listening with their slight midrange dip.

[​IMG]

And my trusty Teac A-H500 integrated amp, bought new in 2001, next to a 1970s Pioneer PL-510 freshly veneered in American walnut. The Pioneer is for sale right now, so I just had this pic handy.
    Thank you to all who post pics of their setups here, this thread is where the magic's at.
    Peace, Love and vegan leather :)

barfko, easycraig, Manimal and 21 others like this.