Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Art Dudley preferred this arm on the Delphi.....

2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I love it!

I had Oracle Alexandria years back. I loved it! Could not find old pic....had to steal this from the internet. Only sold it cause I had to..... pay rent, eat...or something stupid like that.

[​IMG]

vinyl13, Gavinyl, Art K and 6 others like this.
  3. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Yes I am.

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  4. Cool!

BTW...I nicked your idea about the Sevvy butcher block and Vibrapods.

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

arar, Ras, Art K and 8 others like this.
  5. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

6. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

7. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

You sir have excellent taste.

voxshall likes this.
  8. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

I believe they are Devore Gibbon 9's.

9. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

I'm lovin your new room

10. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

Thank you kindly, I'm still renovating but it's coming along.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  11. james

james Summon The Queen

@voxshall - how close in size were those 2 rooms and what differences did you notice? I'm interested to hear how the O/96's react to different rooms

12. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

I totally understand about renovating, I like your style of decorating and system, send more pics when completed...

voxshall likes this.
  13. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

The first room opened to a separate sun room and kitchen 11 x 23 at a guess, the second room is a large open space including dining and kitchen 26 x 16. The second room is larger, the first room had me almost near field listening. I prefer the second room as it allows me to sit further back from the speakers 10 feet plus away, which helps as the sound is so big the extra distance allows things to unfold. Near field listening is also very engaging and enjoyable, with the second room I get to enjoy both but would listen 10 feet away more often. The biggest thing with the O96's is getting the bass just right and having the space to move them off the wall is a huge help here, moving them back and forth in the room allows you to focus the the bass just right. The longer the room the more I had them off the wall, there is a sweet spot in every room. I've heard the O96's in four different rooms and enjoyed them in every one.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    IanL, timind, james and 1 other person like this.
  14. james

james Summon The Queen

Very helpful, thank you!

15. Madlove

Madlove Hare Hunter Field

Beautiful room. But the monkey...he...moved.

16. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

[​IMG] Sorry cant figure out how to post pictures yet my apologies. Moderator please feel free to delete this post.

17. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

New Ortofon 2M Black.

..... tomorrow.

[​IMG]

18. JMT

JMT Senior Member

That is one of the most tastefully done rooms I have ever seen. I bet it sounds as good as it looks.

alan967tiger likes this.
  19. Ozoid

Ozoid Member

Congrats on the cartridge. Just read your info and recognize all those Chicago venues, although I have to ask, are you talking about the original Kingston Mines on Lincoln Ave., or the current room? I played at the original (electric bass in an otherwise acoustic bluegrass band) and the acoustics were great. My local model for sound was Friday after 5 at Andy's in the early ’80s, when 2 old-school swing masters were on drums & bass: Barrett Deems (who was with Armstrong for several years in the ’50s) and Truck Parham (with Roy Eldridge before he skipped to the Apple). Truck didn't need a mic; he could fill the room all by himself.

Green Mill is still happening and Patricia Barber's still a regular when she's in town. Kurt Elling's in NY now so it's a rare treat to catch him.

Ron P. likes this.
  20. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

Yeah the monkey is looking worse for wear, had a few face jobs and is missing an eye, but he is a good mascot for a sound room. Reminds me to be playful and have fun and his mangled smiling face reminds me not to get caught up in chasing perfection ha ha.

Madlove likes this.
  21. voxshall

voxshall Forum Resident

Thanks I love the sound, had lots of sound treatment and removed it all to enjoy the palpable liveliness over razor shape image (more in line with what the speakers do well) I do bring out the bass trap/plant holders I made when my wife isn't around on special listening occasions.

Joe Spivey likes this.
  22. JMT

JMT Senior Member

New addition, unfortunately I won't be able to set it up until this weekend. :mad:

[​IMG]

Bhob, arar, Mad Dog and 16 others like this.
  23. gryphongryph

gryphongryph Forum Resident

Are those Dali Epicon 2 ? How do you like them and how would you describe the sound.
    Love your system

24. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

wow!

25. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Thanks. Yes, they are, and I love them! They are very detailed and transparent without x-raying the music! I previously had a pair of Martin Logan Theos, and I greatly prefer the DALIs--every bit as detailed but warmer and more dynamic.

By the way, since I posted that picture, I replaced the Pass Labs with a PrimaLuna Premium Dialogue HP--wow! It is amazing rich and detailed. I now vastly prefer tubes over solid state amps.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]