Post Your Cool Rock 'n' Roll Memorabilia, Autographs, Celeb. Photos, etc. Here!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

This thread is devoted to images of Rock 'n' Roll collector's favorite items. I'd love to see some photos and read a brief story about various collectables that other members have. I'll bet we Hoffmanites can fill this thread up with some of the coolest of the cool!

I'll start out with one of my first autographs. I was 14 or 15 years old and Chuck Berry played a private party. My father found out about it and made up a story that he was with one of the local newspapers and borrowed an expensive camera. He took me to see Chuck and we were able to meet him, hang out with him, take photos, and sit with him backstage while he met his band and gave them instructions for the show. I was in awe:

Attached Files:

• cb.jpg
      cb.jpg
      File size:
      61.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I've got autographs of the following:

Rush 2112 lithograph

Rush autographed photo (from the Vapor trails tour)

Roger Waters signed lithograph (purchased at his last American tour)

America signed "Highway" boxed set

Most of these items are in storage on the mainland, and I don't have pictures

:(

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Lets see if this works....

Thank's to Holy Zoo not zapping my old picture (taken from the old DCC board), here is a rare picture of the Fab Four taken at The Hot Stove Lounge at Maple Leaf Gardens during their second tour (if I remember correctly) by the Toronto Telegram newspaper. The signatures
    have been verified as NOT authentic (according to two online sources).
    Presumably it was autographed by their secretaries who tried to write like
    the Fab Four.

Proof of fake signatures: http://www.beatlesautographs.com

Sorry, I can't get the picture ...

Try here!

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=710&highlight=hot+stove+lounge

4. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

One more try...........

[​IMG]

5. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Got it, Gary. Neat pic!

mud-

6. Mike

Mike New Member

I don't collect memorabilia. The one thing I did buy was this Muddy Waters stamp that was stamped on the first day of issue. The drawing of Muddy is pretty poor - it doesn't look like Muddy to me at all. The stamp is a nice rendition though.

[​IMG]

7. Autographed cd press proofs of
    "Neil Young-Harvest Moon, Eric Clapton-24 Nights
    Autographed Album covers-Ian Anderson-Aqualung and Crest of a Knave, Elton John-Blue Moves, Rod Stewart-Footloose..., Justin Haywood-,Nils Lofrgren-Flipyaflip
    Autographed picture of both Bruce Springsteen and Bob Seger performing together in Detroit(my prize!)
    Also, assorted autographs by Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Lou Reed, Warren Zevon, Stev Van Zandt, Jimmy Buffet, Deep Purple
    Wish I had photos!

8. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Don't have a way of posting pictures but my top 3 pieces of Beatles memorabilia are an original promotional jacket for Imagine the movie, it has the self portrait of John on the back sewn on in color and not a print on pearl white fabric. A gold record for Abbey Road it's not real but done real well with a British Apple copy complete with the full size record jacket and the 45 of Something/Come Together, with a hardwood frame. Also an original Japanese lobby poster for the Let It Be movie framed.

As far as the gold record is concerned, at least it's a real copy of Abbey Road. If you'll notice, in Bruce Spizer's latest book, The Beatles On Apple Records on the picture of the official gold record for Abbey Road, compare the song bands on that album with any stock copy. They don't match. The last song I Wan't You (She's So Heavy) should be the widest one and it ain't!

Why did Capitol do that? :confused:

9. Ere

Ere Senior Member

Pete Townshend's autograph, which I got after the Who show in Portland OR in October 1982, lobby of the Benson Hotel:
    [​IMG]

Meeting John Entwistle at the exhibition of his drawings and serigraphs in Georgetown, DC in 1997:
    [​IMG]

I also have Peter Gabriel's autograph on the inner sleeve of PG 1 but don't have a photo of it...

Ere

10. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Finally found a few:

I believe this should be autographed album flats from Cowboy Junkies, Steve Earle and John Hiatt. The No Depression Magazine is autographed by Rosanne Cash. There is an autographed Jay Farrar set list underneath I believe. Also an autographed Junkies photo on the piano stand and to the left is a replica of an old fashioned football helmet signed by Sammy Baugh of all people.
    Peace
    Norm

Attached Files:

11. teaser5

Another one

This should be a set list from a Dixie Dregs show signed by guitarist Steve Morse. It has a couple of his Deep Purple guitar picks attached. If you ever get the chance to see him up close take your ear plugs and go!
    Peace,
    Norm

Attached Files:

12. teaser5

Eight Miles High

Signed program from Roger McGuinn
    Peace
    Norm

Attached Files:

13. teaser5

Buddy Miller

If you ever get the chance go see Buddy and wife Julie's show.
    This is some stubs, set list, signed CD booklet and photos. That's yours truly with Buddy bottom right...
    Thanks
    Norm

Attached Files:

14. teaser5

Lisa Loeb!

She is really talented and really cute. I had bought a picture unseen on eBay for her to sign and she hated it but signed it anyway. I have the dumb ass grin :D
    Peace
    Norm

Attached Files:

15. teaser5

John Hiatt!

About fifteen years of ticket stubs, signed photos, signed set lists and me again
    Peace
    Norm

Attached Files:

16. teaser5

Bruce!

This is great! Springsteen stuff on a Prix thread!
    The first one is thirty years of stubs, assorted stuff including pictures taken back in the day and a prized CD insert I got him to sign
    Peace
    Norm

Attached Files:

17. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Re: Another one

Steve Morse might be the most outgoing and easiest musician to meet. He is just so nice. I've met him 2 or 3 times after shows. I remember some ***** ask him to sign a Deep Purple- House Of Blue Light vinyl (a Blackmore album). Steve signed it no problem. I would've have least said "Uh..I didn't play on the record."

18. teaser5

More Bruce!

Three stubs from Summer of '99 at MCI including my back stage pass from night one. Night three featured cameos by Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Bruce Hornsby, Shawn Colvin & Mary Chapin Carpenter. At a Colvin gig later that summer Chapin told the crowd that seeing Bruce's show made her want to rededicate herself to her craft.
    Enjoy!
    Norm

Attached Files:

19. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Govinda Gallery???

BC

20. teaser5

Govinda

Oh man I love that place. Really cool gallery in Georgetown.
    Amazing Elvis show there a few years back
    I have some cool stuff from there
    Best
    Norm

21. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I suppose what could be the possible highlight of my collection would be a copy of The White Album, reportedly signed outside the Dakota by John Lennon in 1976. I bought it back around 1986, from a dealer whom I trusted, and whom was not an amateur when it comes to Beatles, for around $300.

So, is it real? Heck if I know. I'm not really even sure I want to know. It has many of the characteristics of Lennon signatures from that era that I've seen, but there also are some odd things about it, such as the slight right slant to the signature (could be a man in a hurry too...), the late start to the "J", and what not. I've pretty much quit worrying about it, but because I've never authenticated it, I hesitate to put it up here. However, what the heck. here's a look at it.

I've got some more memorabilia at home that I can more easily vouch for, which I'll scan and put up later.

22. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I'm no expert in Beatles autographs, but that looks like John's signature to me.

23. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Govinda
    Oh man I love that place. Really cool gallery in Georgetown.
    Amazing Elvis show there a few years back
    I have some cool stuff from there
    Best
    Norm

Yep. Have spent serious money there.
    One afternoon I met Spencer Davies while hanging out at the Govinda Gallery. Gallery-owner Chris Murray introduced us.

BC

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Anyone know the value or age of this item? It's a cool little piece of Rock N' Roll stuff...

Attached Files:

25. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

My sister went to see the Who during their first American trip at the Murray the K Show
    in New York. She managed to get backstage, and came home with a pair of Keith Moon's drumsticks, which I still have. They're really thin Jack Parnell sticks (Jack was an English drummer) and they've got some nice indentations in them from Keith's rimshots.
    JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.