Procol fans, what about Plastic Penny?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sharedon, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone Thread Starter

Would anything by Plastic Penny, his previous band, have appeal to someone who loves Mick Grabham's guitar playing with Procol Harum??

2. jgrig0

jgrig0 Active Member

If you have some recordings by Plastic Penny, I would suggest that you go to the Official Nigel Olsson fan club website and advertise them. Since he was their drummer (before drumming for Uriah Heep, Spencer Davis and Elton John), his fans would kill to hear whatever recordings you may have. Also, there are several interviews with Nigel Olsson at that site in which he talks about playing with Mick Graham. Mick was Nigel and Dee Murray's original choice to join the Elton John Band, but Davey Johnstone got the gig.

3. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

If you like country-rock, don't forget that Mick was also the guitarist in Cochise, a UK country-rock band that released three LPs in the early '70's. Mick also released a solo LP, "Mick The Lad", in 1972. I believe that all of these titles were released on United Artists in the UK.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

4. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone Thread Starter

Just to clarify, I was wondering whether I should pick up the Repertoire reissues of PP. I love Mick's work with PH, though I admit that country rock kinda scares me off Cochise a bit. But I've read that PP were more or less pop/psych, and that might be my cuppa!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.