Psychic Temple IV feat Terry Reid

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mezzer, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mezzer

Mezzer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone checked this album out yet? Based on a review, I took the plunge and am pretty impressed. Admittedly drawn to it by Terry Reid's participation on 3 tracks and by 87-year old Max Bennett (bassist on Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark and Hissing of Summer Lawns) being also present, it's more than the sum of its parts. Reid's vocals are set quite far back in the mix for the most part, disappointingly, but it's the melodies that linger on what is a bit of a slow burner. Recommended.

2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I ordered one, but it remains on back order at Amazon :cheers:

3. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

This just popped up in my Release Radar playlist. Looking forward to trying the rest of the album later on! :)

4. gilmango

gilmango Well-Known Member

Did not know of this guy but he/they are opening for Dream Syndicate tonight and I've been enjoying his music and funny non-music videos (see Psychic Temple pancakes for instance). So I'll be there right when the show starts, no idea who he's bringing with him in his band but assuming no Terry, Max, or Mike Watt (well I'm hoping for the latter, but he'll probably have 3rd bass player who is just as good).

5. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

My old friend Terry Reid. He was my neighbor for several years back in the late 1970's and early eighties. I hope he is doing well.

6. gilmango

gilmango Well-Known Member

He looks good for his age in this video: Watch Terry Reid Guest On Psychic Temple's Soulful 'Turn Off The Lights'

He was not with the band in SF, Chris joked (stage banter) that Terry was invited but wanted more than the whole band got as his fee to join them, so not in the cards. I think he was exaggerating for effect but said Terry wanted 15K and the whole band got 500. They were the warm up band at a 500 person venue where tix were $20, so warm up band probably did not get too much more.

7. AndyP19

AndyP19 Forum Resident

I've got it and so amazing I bought the whole of their catalogue Pyschic Temple I to IV. I think one or two are under Chris Shlarb's name who is a genius - such vast range of genre here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.