PureAudioProject Trio15 Voxativ

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by tiller, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiller

tiller Forum Resident Thread Starter

The black and white finish is certainly eye-catching to say the least. It's just a touch too modern for our decor. You can get the baffles in solid oak, or bamboo ply as well for a little more traditional look (as traditional as these things can be I suppose!)

2. tiller

They do seem very good. I'm fighting the urge to spend more money than I ought to on a pair of these, and debating whether I can get most of the performance in a more traditional design for less money (looking at Ryan R620, Polk 707, Mirage OMD-28) or if I just need to pony up and go for these. Resale possibilities don't seem very strong which worries me, unfortunately.

3. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

I chose the Pure Audio Project Quintett 15 Horn 1 as the best value speaker at CAS 7. Volti aidio speakers $7900 and the Audio Note AN E/Spe HE Hemp $7500ish sounded as good or better but the Pure Audio starts at $6900 and will likely be easier to get right sounding in more rooms given it is open baffle. Though four 15 inch woofers didn't necessarily generate more bass than the other two smaller speakers!

Also, consider Spatial speakers. They offer even lower prices starting under $2k for open baffle too.

Radiohead99, murphythecat and tiller like this.
  4. tiller

Another question for the owners here. Is there anything to worry about if I were to use these in a home theatre situation? Nothing too loud or over the top, just occasional films/tv. I can't imagine there'd be issues but I figured I'd raise the point here.

Cheers!

5. Radiohead99

Radiohead99 Forum Resident

PAP Voxativ serve my movie/netflix duties. The thunderous dynamics makes it a pleasure to watch action packed movies. The dialogues are more crispy and open due to being open baffle.

tiller likes this.
  6. murphythecat

murphythecat https://www.last.fm/user/murphythecat

very interested in PAP voxativ speakers!
    anyone heard them?

7. tiller

I heard them (Trio15-Voxativ) at the Montreal Audio Show last year and they were phenomenal. Very big image, very balanced and open sound, yet excellent dynamics as well. Perhaps a bit less impact than a comparable traditional box speaker, but I'm going on memory here. On top of that, they are quite smart looking too, which my better half agreed with to my surprise.

Would love to hear them in some different rooms however as I could definitely hear the effects of nearby walls in the relatively small show room (i.e., some very subtle comb filtering affecting the tone of the brass instruments in a couple orchestral selections I requested).

If I had a bigger room (purely for size constraints as they are large) I'd love to have a pair. One day perhaps!

8. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

Have you read the dagogo review on them? It's pretty stellar. There is a post on the Decware forums about AXPONA 2018 and the guy who started the thread heard the Voxativ Trio15 at both 2017 and 2018 AXPONA shows and he also heard their new Horn1 at the recent show. He's an open baffle guy and runs a few different OB speakers .... anyways he said that the Voxativ drivers were a little too forward sounding and that the Horn1's were a little too warm. I guess he couldn't find a happy medium, but most other opinions that I've read on them say they are really good speakers.

The PAP's that interest me the most are with the field coil drivers made by Wolf Von Langa called the Trio15 A5000.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Radiohead99 and murphythecat like this.
  9. Doctorcilantro

Doctorcilantro Forum Resident

I've picked up a set of Trio 15 with Horn and the Heil, won't be here for a month, but should prove interesting to say the least. I was looking at some "monitors" like Janzen and Mark & Daniels but decided to for something a little different.

10. tiller

Keep us posted!

11. mkane

mkane Strictly Analog

Voxativ DIY with AE Dipole 15's.
    [​IMG]

Doctorcilantro likes this.
  12. Doctorcilantro

Doctorcilantro Forum Resident

Need to find some time to post a write-up. Owe it to Zev, this is a very well thought out products. Shipped in from overseas with minimal hassle, flatpacks, and a helluva deal as Black Friday was in the air! So far running the horns, but thinking about trying the Heil soon. The bass integration is stunning, really impressed. Running direct from G2 DAC to DigiAmpCo Golden Cherries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.