Quadio Chicago BluRay Box Set announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Billion$Baby

Billion$Baby Forum Resident

Like I said...a bunch of false reports with no evidence to the contrary. Go check out ALL the distributors or Amazons in the world. There aint nothing there....well OK 1 in Canada for 210 Canadian Dollars and they don't ship to the USA.

BLOWITOUTTAHERE sold out last week. CHEAPEST Set on EBAY is now approx. $200...that would never happen if there had been a 2nd Pressing. On AMAZON USA Cheapest Price is close to $250 now.

A friendly piece of advice....DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK and don't believe everything you read on the internet as you will likely look foolish (in public no less) repeating what others with no merit say.

2. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I've had a blast transferring these to quad reel. They sound amazing. Funny how I can still enjoy these albums like 45 years later:)

fredblue likes this.
  3. JamesD1957

JamesD1957 Forum Resident

I got an email from Dr. Rhino on Feb. 9 that said replacements would be sent out as soon as possible. Have not received them or any additional communication from them.

Frank Field and SKean like this.
  4. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

Thank you for your reply, and regarding a second pressing, if I were Rhino I'd be sure that the faulty first pressing was totally sold out before I went
    ahead and began a second pressing. Maybe your friend is right, there won't be a second pressing, but if the box set is a pretty good seller up to this
    point, along with escalating prices of what's left, then a small second run to see how much genuine demand should be in order...

JediJoker likes this.
  5. Billion$Baby

Its "Sold out - OOP" well in advance of when the B+M Stores or Amazon/Online retailers sell out. This Rhino project is already a year old. Your not going to see anymore of them period. Whats out there is all there is. You can still get the Pink Floyd Dark Side Immersion Box sets from Amazon or anywhere else but I guarantee they haven't made any additional sets in YEARS. They are already OOP....just available cause they haven't sold out of the initial run.

6. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Listening to them would be my first suggestion.....

JediJoker and gregorya like this.
  7. Pelvis Ressley

Pelvis Ressley Down in the Jungle Room

Funny, because I bought my mother a copy of this a few weeks ago, fully expecting to have to contact Rhino customer service about replacement discs. No need, as the copies of Chicago and IX have the replacement disc matrices, and the stereo program plays through in S-T-E-R-E-O.

Don't mind me, though. I'm just another clueless, foolish, misinformed board member.

8. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Grabbed a copy this morning for 109.00.....what a deal!

9. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

So much for that idea:

10. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Interesting. Where did you buy it because it doesn't seem like a 2nd pressing (if there is to be one) is available yet. At least it isn't on Rhino's website or Amazon.

I certainly wouldn't want to buy any copy of the box set that happens to be available today with the presumption the new discs would be included. I would presume they would be older stock that hasn't sold off yet.

JediJoker likes this.
  11. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Actually 3 of them:

As well as @Steel Woole indicating it was happening:

12. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but original discs also play in Stereo. It was about the source.

13. videoman

videoman Senior Member

As much as I really don't wanna agree with B$B, I gotta admit it seems a bit odd that there would be 'corrected' boxes out there when so many of the most common retailers are still listing the item as "Unavailable."

14. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

The stereo program of side 2 of Chicago plays in mono, as does Colour My World from IX.

Odd or not, three people have indicated they received the correct discs.

JediJoker likes this.
  15. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Incorrect. The original discs had certain tracks ---"Wake Up Sunshine" and everything related to the "Ballet for a Girl in Buchannon"--- that played in Mono on the stereo layer. That was the issue.

JediJoker and formu_la like this.
  16. videoman

videoman Senior Member

And "Make Me Smile", IIRC.

Still odd. To the point where their indications don't fully answer my questions.

17. Billion$Baby

Yea and I got one from BULL MOOSE after that guy said he bought a "corrected" set and Guess what I got???? So scratch him off your list.

Hello Craig,
    Your order from Bull Moose has been received. Below is the summary of the order.

Order Details: http://www.bullmoose.com/customer/purchases

Shipping Method: Economy Shipping-Free Over $30
    Name Price Quantity Total
    Chicago/Chicago Quadio Box@9 Disc Blu-Ray Audio
    New - BLU-RAY AUDIO

18. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

I see. I only listened full versions in quad, and just very beginning of the "stereo" layer.

19. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

No, that is an edit, and not taken from the Chicago master.

It may be odd, but it is what it is.

Why should I scratch him off my list? You're assuming that inventory always goes out in the order it comes in?

20. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I got mine from Amazon

JediJoker and lukpac like this.
  21. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Bummer as your mother was hoping for the incorrect discs in M-O-N-O, so she could sell them on ebay! Damn that RHINO, always screwing things up, LOL

Pelvis Ressley and JediJoker like this.
  22. Billion$Baby

Well let me know where ALL the other 3000 boxes are from the 2nd run cause Amazon doesn't have any nor does any other distributor. RHINO never reported a 2nd Pressing ANYWHERE. If there had been a 2nd run the set wouldn't be going for 150-200 now. You would still be able to get them from Amazon Italy/Spain/Germany/UK etc for $60-70 each like you could 2 months ago. Common sense is scarce around here sometimes.

23. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

It's not @audiomixer's job to determine that.

Common sense says to figure out how/why something happened instead of calling people liars.

JediJoker and S. P. Honeybunch like this.
  24. Billion$Baby

I don't believe it happened...cause common sense and my contact at RHINO/WEA told me so almost 2 months ago.

25. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Yes, but I am almost certain it was in mono as well. I was certain it couldn't be. But it is. I was noting this at the time. I don't think they used the original masters for "IX". I think they just saved time/money by reusing what they had already digitially transferred/remastered from the original albums including doing the edits. It might have been easier /quicker to just recreate the snips than remaster an entire album of tracks they already completed. If they used the original master for "IX" then Colour My World should have been in stereo.

But I could be wrong about Make Me Smile. I'd have to go back and check again.

Or other things could be happening here.

JediJoker likes this.