Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" The Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lwh1, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

That's not correct. It was re-released in 2004 or something in Japan in a mini-lp sleeve.

2. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I'm aware...

taken from an older post in another sub.

3. Michael Rose

So too has it been released on vinyl for the Italian market, this year.

Wake me up when EMI/Universal does the same.

Sondek likes this.
  4. I can appreciate that the surviving members of Queen might dislike the production of Live Killers, but they've certainly not disowned this live album. Indeed, I've collected several different reissues over the years, and it was recently included as part of DeAgostini's vinyl set. If anything, it would be an ideal project to be revisited as part of the ongoing 40th anniversary campaign, and I'd love to see recordings from the Jazz Tour finally combined with an official document of the subsequent UK leg, promoted as the Crazy Tour. A video of the Hammersmith '79 show was played in full at a convention once, yet we've only seen a handful of clips from this, plus roughly 3/4 of the show compiled by fans using circulating footage. Sure, there's a more complete audience source also doing the rounds, but I still hope this will from the core of QPL's box for 2019 - especially after Brian confirmed that a stereo copy has now been added back to the group's vaults. To many, it's an absolutely brilliant concert, with Freddie in particular on top form (possibly due to it being less dates, he was far more vocally daring throughout the Crazy Tour, as heard best on earlier shows like the two Newcastle appearances).

P.S. I started writing out this reply before a few others beat me to making some of the same points, so please forgive my being slightly late.

Jarleboy and andrewskyDE like this.
  5. Michael Rose

The Crazy Tour release would be the pinnacle of awesome for me.

6. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

Yo,

They sent me an offer to purchase it pre-release, & I have !!! Very reasonably priced I thought too, at $25:00 AUD.

I must admit that I'm not particularly interested in the movie, but the tunes presented on the CD did appeal to me, & there's a poster included too.

( I've been buying-up on a lot of the 1970's concerts unofficially available on DVD, & have not been disappointed. I'm very happy to have mostly full concerts available for every year they were around, except for 1987 onwards obviously ).

These live shows are fantastic, so if the film Bo-Rap is a flop, I won't be disappointed as I have these live gems to watch LOL !

(They have so many great live performances available, I don't understand why we're not getting official releases of these)...

Cheers,

Gregster

Jarleboy and mr.dave like this.
  7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Exactly. Where's the Freddie/Brian performance of 'Is This The World We Created'?
    But I'd probably buy this soundtrack, as I love collecting Queen stuff.^^

Jarleboy, mr.dave and Michael Rose like this.
  8. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Think this soundtrack could be huge if the film is any good to younger generations. I say this after seeing how my 2 daughters enjoyed both of the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtracks rehashing 70s pop hits. If they go see this film, they will want to buy/stream the soundtrack.

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I very hope Brian and Roger gonna do something like a Live Killers box set next year.
    A sound improved version of the 1979 live album with other but unedited concerts from that time plus that nice footage from the Crazy Tour.

Jarleboy, Carlox, Sondek and 3 others like this.
  10. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

G'day mate,

I'm pretty sure that on the day of Live Aid, they had all of 16-minutes to perform, before yellow light appeared on the side-of-the stage, & they wouldn't see the red light, as the power would be pulled on them.

Anyhow, I counted the track-time on the tune s the other day that are offered on the CD regarding Live-Aid, & it was the full 16-minutes,,,

Cheers,

Gregster

11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

A remaster of the live album even came out in Europe in 2001.

Use_Your_Koala likes this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

'Is This The World We Created' was not part of Queen's Live Aid performance. It was played many hours after it.
    Don't know when exactly, but probably it must've been shortly before Paul McCartney did 'Let It Be' to end Live Aid.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  13. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

About the live releases; they have less in the vault than many people think. Add the fact that Brian may is a perfectionist, it means that gigs where the multi tracks aren’t in great condition will probably never see a proper release.

A simple stereo track? I am afraid that does NOT bode well for a potential Hammersmith 79 release. (Some tracks as part of a big Live Killers box, maybe...but I’d be very surprised if the whole thing is put out)

Gregster and Michael Rose like this.
  14. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Queen have so many interesting things in the vaults, but for release something, it´s so hard

Look the Innuendo Sessions, last year had a BTT experience in Metropolis studios Innuendo BTT experience

Things like Rainbow 74 to be release is incredible, that 2011 bonus EPs are ok, but could be better.

15. Michael Rose

I forgot how great track this is and how it was so well received . POWERFUL!

Jarleboy, longaway, primejive and 3 others like this.
  16. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

Yo,

This makes sense. And obtaining the rights from the different TV-networks from around the globe would be expensive too I'd imagine...I was hoping to see an official release of the Hyde Park show, from September 1976 a couple of years ago, to celebrate the 40th anniversary, but I dare say being a free concert in principal, must make it hard for Queen to obtain the rights to the show, & then make a dollar off it now...

And I should also point-out here that the DVD's I have aren't necessarily the best quality either, with say an average of 7/10 for picture quality, & say 6/10 for sound quality, which is often a mono, / semi-stereo mix, from a stage mike(s) somewhere. And sometimes the concert has been cut together from different sources for continuity etc etc.

But the thing is however, when you combine the picture & sound together, you do have something very special & important, flaws & all...A time capsule that's worth searching out IMO.

(As great as the "Hammersmith 1979 show is", - ( And it is a great show ) the "Argentina 1981" show is really impressive too, & worth searching out for those interested...Even with the native TV commentary interjections & all lol).

Cheers,

Gregster

Jarleboy likes this.
  17. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I can't wait for 2019 - 2022 when QPL will release the full Jazz / Crazy tours in four separate box sets (half a concert in each) - excluding both performances of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' which will appear as a double A side 12" in 2023. The boxes will retail for $150.00 each but you will get a fake backstage pass.

I've never seen any of the Crazy Tour before, thanks for posting. So interesting to see Freddie sing a song from 'The Game' before he grew his mustache.

18. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

I quite like Live Killers. The tail end of the 70s era is seriously lacking a new release though since Live Killers wasn't reissued back in 2011. I'm sure we'll get something at some point.

Jarleboy and Man at C&A like this.
  19. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Aye. I'd buy that straight away.

Michael Rose likes this.
  20. Michael Rose

Crazy Tour - Wikipedia

21. Approximately 75% of the Hammersmith '79* set circulates in soundboard quality, and it's possible to fill in many of the remaining blanks (including Brian's unique guitar solo, which incorporates a brief portion of Silent Night - the show was performed on Boxing Day) using audience recordings. In terms of video sources, it's possible to compile roughly the same amount, with several fans having a crack at doing just this over the last few years. Anyone registered to the Queenzone message board will be able to download various attempts at putting together all the available material, but I won't share links here because they all lift elements from QPL's incomplete official products. If the rumours are true, the band is sitting on the full concert and even showed this at a convention once. However, they're reluctant to do anything with it due to only having a stereo soundtrack... As one of its earliest live appearances, Save Me in particular was quite rough, with Brian mangling his solo and a guitar harmoniser bleeding into Freddie's lead vocal, making him sound like a chipmunk at points! Why can't they just let it out with a few relatively minor flaws intact, or even patch in the affected sections from somewhere else, as happened with the last version of It's A Hard Life from Rock In Rio featured on the bonus EP that came with the 2011 reissue of The Works?

*I'm aware this technically wasn't part of the so-called Crazy Tour, but was rather Queen's contribution to the Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea.

22. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

These were split up on the 1990/92 box sets.

longaway and 905 like this.
  23. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

We Will Rock You at Live Aid isn't on the soundtracks but it still might be in the movie.

Jarleboy likes this.
  24. manco

manco Forum Resident

Well that list is so predictable. Of course they stay to the more well known songs. I personally would have found a way to fit in "It's a Hard Life" and some other deep cuts off "Hot Space" like 'Staying Power'.

25. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

Hmmm,

There's an unofficial Hot Space Tour 1982 - Live in Japan DVD floating around that's quite excellent, & may just scratch that itch for you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.