Question about Monster Speaker Wire

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mindcrime, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindcrime

Mindcrime New Member Thread Starter

I know there are better options out there, no doubt. I have a Marantz receiver and new Klipsch (Synergy F3) speakers. I work at BestBuy and can get the best available Monster wire for like 65% off retail. At that price, is their performance a great value? Or are they so bad that they should not be recommended at any price? I read a lot of Monster bashing and I can't tell how much of that is factoring in the mark-up.

2. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Read through this thread from last week and the links and you will know why there is Monster Bashing.

3. GT40sc

GT40sc Senior Member

Ah, but the boycott has nothing to do with Monster's sound quality...

For the moment, perhaps we should leave aside the political aspect. What's my excuse? I bought mine five years ago, before Monster's legal department went crazy...

Anyway, I have some Monster MCX-IS on my JBL 4410s...not top-of-the-line, but reasonable. Sounds fine to me.

In my experience, Monster products work better in a permanent installation...if you are going to tweak, adjust, unplug and re-plug things often, buy another type of cable.

IMHO, one of the reasons Monster offers a full-lifetime replacement is because the cables are so easy to break. The design does not deal well with twisting forces, as seen when installing an RCA interconnect.

Of course, this is much less of an issue with speaker cable...and as I said, I am generally happy with Monster's sound quality. If you have a chance to try it out for a reasonable price, I say go for it...

hth,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.