Question for Steve or anyone who may know:

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grant, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

I need to know if there are any differences in the mono single mix of Little Anthony & The Imperial's "I Think I'm Going Out Of My Head" from the now common stereo mix. I haven't heard the DCP 45 since 1965!

Also, if there are any differences, has the mono mix turned up anywhere on CD? Is it just another lost great mono mix?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Grant,

I ONLY have the old 45 (which I always loved). I heard the stereo version once on a compilation CD and dismissed it for being too compressed and having too much echo. But it has been years since I've heard it.

Sorry.

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Checking MC's 'Oldies on CD', I couldn't find an identified mono version. There are quite a few versions that aren't identified (mono or stereo) one way or the other ... and speaking of Little Anthony ... I saw him last night on a PBS repeat of their last Doo Wop production ... and he sounded great ... he can still hit those high notes.:)

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Thanks! I remember the 45 being more dynamic, but you know how the memory can change over the years. Besides, I was three years old. I recall quite a bit from that age pretty accurately, but my recollection of this one 45 single is fuzzy. I used to bug my older sister to let me put 45s on the spindle. She used to push in the little holders on the 45 RPM spindle adapter to let the record down on the changer. Well, the detail of pushing in the holders got past me, so when she finally let me, I tried to push the record down onto the platter and broke it into two pieces! She taped it up but it would no longer play well. She couldn't buy another copy because by that time it was long out of print. Bummer! She was mad at me for a long time.:D

Anyway, I guess i'll have to hunt for this 45 now.:sigh:

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Grant,
    I checked my sources, it seems only the Stereo version is available on CD.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.