Questions Regarding The Fiio X1?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by eric777, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

I bought the FiiO X3 2nd gen and the FiiO X5 2nd gen around Xmas time...they were being offered at a sale price that i couldn't pass up..also bought the FiiO K5 docking station...great accessory for charging your device and a headphone amplifier to boot!
    Easiest way to format cards to FAT32 is through the device itself....as far as adding content to the micro SD cards i use two programs from NCH..both under $20...one is the CD ripper...enables me to rip directly from the CD to my micro SD card as a FLAC
    file...the other program Converts any file that already exists on my computer hard drive to FLAC...i.e. WAV to FLAC...WMA to FLAC etc...so for around $500...not counting the costs of the micro SD cards..i'm pretty well set up a system that delivers great sound and my collection of iPods are slowly collecting dust.
    I wouldn't worry about the battery just yet..sure it will last a long time..the device also can be played back through the docking station.
    The only downside at the moment of owning a FiiO is the lack of service outlets..they told me that they have one now in California..and expect to set up more in the future.
    I personally feel their success and growth in the market will depend on customer support and service.

2. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

It worked :)

3. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

... still can't get the firmware to update though. I download the file. Add it to the drive. Disconnect, unplug, restart as instructed. Then it says "file cannot be found"...

4. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Nm. Got it. Fiio on FB was a lot of help.

Now to try and figure out playlists ...

Anyone know if you can create a Playlist folder on the player and just add the iTunes playlist file?

5. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.