Rabbit-Proof Fence/Peter Gabriel

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jymn, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymn

Jymn Formerly skysaxon Thread Starter

Fantastic movie with equally astonishing score by Peter Gabriel. The whole thing reverberates with taste. The DVD has the novelty of an actually telling commentary with Mr. Gabriel chipping in about his sparse but brilliant music.

2. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

My wife and I watched this movie with our 10-year-old daughter. It was a very emotional and powerful film. Did you notice that some of the end credit music (choral piece) was excerpted from a song on "Up"? I didn't notice if any of the incidental music was also from "Up."

3. Ere

Ere Senior Member

I believe the choral music in the S/T was the Blind Boys of Alabama, who opened for PG last year and appear on the 'UP' song 'Sky Blue' ...

4. blackwiggle

blackwiggle New Member

Yeah.
    The blind boys from alabama have been a regular at the Byron Bay Blues festival for a few years now.Down in OZ.
    If you want to know more about peter gabriels recording methods,try googling SOUND ON SOUND magazine.
    Also try :www.audiotechnology.biz
    Sorry ,I can't put links up at the moment.

5. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I noticed Sky Blue in the score, too, but I think I did read that the song came from musical ideas in a soundtrack.

An enjoyable movie, telling the kind of story that needs to be told.

I didn't even know about the film until I happened to see it while browsing the racks at my local rental shop. Kenneth Branagh, Peter Gabriel- how could I not watch it?

6. blackwiggle

blackwiggle New Member

If you like this movie watch out for
    "The Tracker"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.