Radiohead Announce North America Tour - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Billy_Sunday, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

I'd rather Jonny take a bow to his guitar than have the band haul a string section around.

I liked Burn The Witch live in general, especially when they brought it back last year and played it later in the set.

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I would so welcome an official live double album. High time!!

3. GK

GK Forum Resident

Was able to get floor tickets to the Pittsburgh show. $90 for floor sounds reasonable to me. I have loved this band for a long time and never thought I would get to see them live. The best part for me is that my 15 year old son, who has grown very fond of Radiohead, is coming along. He is more excited than me!

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Radiohead played there less than a year ago.

Coltrane811 likes this.
  5. screechmartin

screechmartin Senior Member

You're not kidding. All those great albums and the only certifiable stinker is the live album. I've never understood why they released that disc.

JeffMo likes this.
  6. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Georgia

Coltrane811 likes this.
  7. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Probably settling for Smashing Pumpkins - Pittsburgh is the closest but even though I'd rather see Radiohead they're too expensive.

8. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Except for some cheap nosebleeds, Pumpkins have more expensive face value tickets.

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Ummm . . . PJ is playing ten shows in the UK this year. Two London shows are sold out, but for fun, I tried Birmingham and pulled up two GA stalls tickets for £17 each - I did a double take. I thought it was the Ticketmaster fees!

10. I Might Be Wrong is great.It is not meant to be a traditional live album but a pathway into the Kid A/Amnesiac material with those songs played in a more "rock" format.

11. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

You possibly need to check your information source on that PJ are playing 2 dates in the UK, I've checked it so don't where you are getting 10 shows from?

They only play 2 shows like they did when I saw them in 2014 at Leeds Direct Arena, sorry but what have you been smoking?

12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Not smoking but am in a plane so maybe it was the altitude. I clicked a link to “Pearl Jam UK”. If I weren’t 1/2 awake I would have realized it was too good tb true. Sorry about that. Hope you get tix for the O2.

spintheblack72 likes this.
  13. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

They are playing I think 14 shows in Europe though; including 2 in London. It’s essentially the same everywhere — it’s very difficult to get tickets to most of their shows. At least you have several options available to you within the same distances as most Canadian or American cities, don’t you? I know several people who live in Europe and regularly see pearl jam and make small vacations of it. Again, they’re American, don’t live in Europe, have families, are in the Rock hall and are insanely rich. Why would they play the UK every year? I wouldn’t.

14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

If you really want to see Pearl Jam, you could always go to a festival, or join the fan club. I think I've seen most of their tours that way.

Radiohead is similar. They don't play a ton of shows, and the tickets are priced way below market, so they sell out quickly. But, I've been lucky since they've played Japan after every major release, and they usually play large festivals or large venues.

15. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

They've sold out and I'm not paying touts prices, I've seen them in 2000, 2009, 2012 & 2014. I guess that is better than some.

As for Radiohead I saw them in 1997 on the OKC Tour, still the best gig I've ever been to although PJ at Leeds Direct in 2014 was up there, really would have liked to have seen them there again, Eddie was really chuffed playing there and mentioned the Who connection.

I had tickets for RH at Manchester News Arena last June but due to a tragic incident they had to move venues and 2 nights became 1 at a cricket ground, as I had arranged for the 2nd date and they only played the first I had to get a refund.

I thought it was too good to be true when I scored them, it was a good few weeks after they supposedly sold out and I happened to go onto the venue website and score 3 tickets, I was so happy. Unfortuntaly I couldn't re-arrange to go to the one date.

Sorry just a bit racked off that they can't play more dates in their own country, yes there was Glasto but 2 dates is pretty poor in my book, I've really wanted to see them again but I don't have a disposable income to follow them all over the globe, guess I'm asking too much to expect anymore from one of my favourite bands.

Maybe they'll tour again in the UK and I'll get a ticket for the paltry dates they deem to treat us British fans too, not bitter at all.

16. jalexander

jalexander Forum Resident

Well I might be a tad jealous... I wound up in LA when they were playing the Hollywood Bowl but didn’t find out I was going until long after tickets went on sale.

17. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I managed to get all 3 Madison Square Garden. No great seats..........but got them.

I was shut out on TM for MSG 2 years ago, so either slightly less demand, or scalper bots had better access.

18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

They added a fourth show and it is sold out. Fans on FB are very upset with lack of bot screening.

I was lucky and able to get nosebleed for night 2 in BOS but I do feel bad for those fans shut out.

19. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

2nd Chicago show on sale next Friday.

20. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

Got a pair of floors for the Friday night show in Toronto. I was very pleasantly surprised at the more than reasonable pricing. After fees etc it worked out to 122 each. That is great based on most recent big name shows which are often priced in the 250 to 500 range for the lower level prime seats. No annoying VIP packages. No annoyingly inflated "Platinum Seats". Well done Radiohead

21. Static Discharge

Static Discharge Forum Resident

I realize for most this is not an issue but I had a ticket for MSG show in my cue and during the payment process, the only delivery option for the ticket was electronic via an individuals smartphone. I don't own a smartphone, by choice. I see a fair amount of shows and have never purchased tickets where there were no other delivery options. I would essentially need a phone to attend the show as they require you to show your phone with electronic ticket for entrance. In the end I passed and did not purchase. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Will this soon become the only option for ticket purchases? I'm very disappointed with this approach.

22. James Bennett

I hear you but it has a great flip side; you can’t resell the tickets very easily. You only get the tickets two days ahead and you have to show the ticket through the app at the gate = much less reselling I assume.

I would hazard that, more and more, due to your choice, you’re going to be left out of more and more things. It’s just the way of the world today.

23. Static Discharge

Static Discharge Forum Resident

I appreciate the insight. I have a feeling you are correct on both counts. This will continue to be more prevalent and I will be missing out on more shows if I don't get up to speed with technology. Thank you.

24. dammitjanet

dammitjanet Fun, natural fun

I've bought electronic tickets before and they usually email you a PDF that you can either save to your smartphone or print out and bring as a piece of paper (in fact some places specify it has to be a printed out hard copy).

Now I use my smartphone for pretty much everything but I'm annoyed by this because I miss having physical tickets as a souvenir. And they charge the same amount for an e-ticket as a physical ticket that's mailed to you!

Anyway I just got my ticket for Montreal! I'm excited because I missed them at Osheaga a couple years ago. I did see them years earlier in Toronto supporting In Rainbows. It was an outdoor show and it was rainy and there was... A DOUBLE RAINBOW! Amazing.

25. James Bennett

I do respect your choice and I totally get where you’re coming from, trust me. The obsession with the smartphone bothers me too; just seems like an unstoppable force, at least to me.

Static Discharge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.