radiohead "in rainbows" box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by malco49, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident Thread Starter

the copy i received (and it was ordered when it was first announced) never came with any stickers.
    i thought i had read the box included stickers.....anyone have any answers? are they hidden in the packaging
    that i am not aware of?
    thanks in advance

2. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

I just double checked mine and didn't notice any hidden stickers. Although if that pamphlet of 'art' that accompanies the box is anything to go by, we aren't missing much.:D

malco49 likes this.
  3. malco49

yeah i agree i was bit underwhelmed with the overall package....the music i like......

4. marshmallowpie

marshmallowpie Forum Resident

Since there's a thread on this, I've been meaning to ask - is there any way to get the second disc on physical media apart from the out of print/limited collectors box with the LPs and everything? Are there any chances of the collectors editions that came out for all the albums up to HTTT to continue for IR and TKOL?

5. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

There weren't any stickers with the In Rainbows box set but The King Of Limbs deluxe edition has some.

6. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

The only physical disc 2 outside the box set is included in a special Japanese edition of the album: http://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-In-Rainbows/release/2656612

Deluxe editions for IR and TKOL are out of the question since those two albums were independently released by Radiohead, unlike the other ones which were released by Capitol.

Also, nice avatar! Earthbound is probably my favorite game.

7. marshmallowpie

marshmallowpie Forum Resident

Thanks for the info - guess I'll look for that Japanese release. The Earthbound/Mother series is also my favourite. I'm actually replaying Earthbound right now. Can't wait till I get to the parts that sample Deirdre by the Beach Boys and All You Need Is Love.

So if further collectors editions are out of the question, does that mean stuff like These Are My Twisted Words, Supercollider, The Daily Mail etc. are only available digitally?

8. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

^ 'Supercollider,' at least, came out on a 12" single with 'The Butcher' on Record Store Day a few years back.

9. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

Not only "These are my twisted words" (in my Top5 from Radiohead) is only available digitally, but it is only available in mp3 !
    Same with "In memory of Harry Patch".

"The daily mail" and "Staircase" were only availaible digitally at first (and in Flac), but now they've been kind of released on physical media since they are in the setlist of the "King of limbs from the basement" Bluray. (The digitally released versions are the live versions of "From the basement" - Same recording, same performance.).

Now back to the OP's first post: two tracks from the CD2 of "In rainbows" are on the CD single of "Nude".

10. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

Would love that CD2 on vinyl, Four Minute Warning and Bangers and Mash particularly, although yes I do have the Nude 7" with 4MW on.

bleachershane likes this.
  11. malco49

thanks for the info....will have to look at my TKOL to see if it has stickers i don't recall any.

12. tin ears

tin ears Forum Resident

TKoL didn't come with stickers. It had what looked like a perforated sheet of acid tabs, sadly without the actual LSD.

Preston likes this.
  13. Prog_Wizard

Prog_Wizard Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    My regular store bought In Rainbows had stickers. They were for sticking on a jewel case.

14. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

The Japanese 2CD edition is the one to go. Got it for a reasonable price.

For me the albums doesn`t sound complete without disc 2.

15. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

Anyone comment on the quality for the vinyl on this set?

16. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Yeah, just received one and it's outstanding, zero surface noise, huge sound. It's not cheap but I'm glad I got this N.O.W. for £80. Don't think it will drop in value anytime soon. And if (and that's a BIG if) I manage to find a cheaper copy I could always drop it into thE bay;)

So is it safe to assume "In Rainbows" is the first vinyl release in a book cover like this? The anniversary release of Interpol's "Turn On The Bright Lights" and the deluxe of Suede's "Blood Sports" also look like that - minus the outer box - but these are from 2012/13. Are there earlier examples than "In Rainbows"? Not the biggest fan of this presentation btw, nothing beats a proper sleeve, these "books" remind me of these historically critical editions from university, they look so damned important.

Musically "In Rainbows" is surprisingly great AND surprisingly easy on the ear. Unbelievable that it was released almost nine years ago....

17. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

A used in rainbows box is 125 USD at my local record store - :help:

18. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

Seems like a good price for something that in my opinion sounds amazing and will probably hold its value . I have the best of box and the recent US hail to the thief and amnesiac to compare and I think this in rainbows 45rpm blows away those other pressings no contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.