Radiohead - OKNOTOK "OK Computer" Anniversary Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bleachershane, May 2, 2017.

1. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

No, it comes in a gatefold digipak. No booklet or liner notes, just two discs.

bobcat likes this.
  2. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Many thanks.

Now the question in reverse: if I get this do I need to keep the previous 2CD reissue, either for unique tracks or different/better mastering?

3. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

There isn't complete overlap between the two and the mastering is different on each. You can easily see the tracklisting on Amazon or any other place that stocks it. As for mastering it seems the opinion is split but I much prefer this most recent mastering as it brings out additional detail in the music and gives the bottom end a much needed (but not overdone) boost.

bobcat likes this.
  4. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

The new 2017 version is also available on many digital services, whereas the Parlophone 2CD is out of print. So whether you want to keep may also depend on your estimate of its resale value for that reason

I have the original UK vinyl and the new blue reissue and I'm keeping both, for now anyway

5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

What a hobby....

6. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I was so disappointed when mine showed up. The complete lack of any liner notes felt like a cop out. You mean you can't even be bothered to reprint the original booklet? Another example of the complete disregard for "average" fans that can't afford to shell out for the expensive super duper deluxe packages.

7. CPR267

CPR267 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if this has been covered here, but being a monster thread I admittedly don't have the inclination to search for it. (Tried, gave up.) But I ordered the triple vinyl from waste, paying the hefty $18 shipping fee for the UK pressing. Two and a half weeks later I received - THE US PRESSING! Shipped from Pennsylvania. I live in Jersey FCS. Oh, and the corners were crushed. I'm feeling ripped off.

8. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Sounds like all orders placed in the US were pressed in the US. I doubt when you ordered it specified "UK Pressing." But it should play and sound just fine - this isn't a scenario like the Capital Vaults pressings made in the US which were crap.

Contact W.A.S.T.E. if you need a replacement.

9. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Yeah, but $18 for US to US shipping? That's offensive. Especially when he's trying to do the right thing and put more money in the band's pocket by buying through their website.

10. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

That's true, I admittedly overlooked the shipping cost part. For sure that's a rip off.

bobcat and gregorya like this.
  11. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Agreed, I was about to pre-order Daniel Lanois' latest album direct from his site until I went to check out and realized that shipping to Canada was more than the cost of the CD. I emptied my cart and waited for release and bought it from Amazon.ca... bought another CD at the same time and got free shipping. ;)

12. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

I complained to WASTe about all 4 corners being crunched and a disc 3 that is noisy and has some marks on the grooves. They are sending out a replacement.
    Besides the flaws above I think the pressing and remaster sounds great. On par with my OG UK Parlaphone pressing.

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I still haven't opened my "not so limited" blue vinyl. Based on reports about poor pressing quality, I may try to unload it, together with the "not so limited" white vinyl of A Moon Shaped Pool, which I also left sealed for the same reason. What a mess.

vonwegen and Derek Slazenger like this.
  14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I saw a couple copies of the blue vinyl at a local store, and they wanted more than what I paid for my German pressing (including it's shipping). I felt bad mostly because I know the store is struggling.

15. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

I was surprised when I got my package from SoundStageDirect and the 3 LPs were outside of the still-sealed box. Spinning record 1, side 1, now and I think it sounds great. I can't imagine SoundStage re-sealed the box... did they include a re-press because of the complaints on the first press this thread describes?

16. CPR267

CPR267 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's really the outrageous shipping and handling charge that I'm most worked up about. (Despite the damaged jacket, the records sound fine.) Now to add insult to injury, they seem to be giving me the brush-off, not responding to my complaint other than through an auto-reply.

17. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

You should get a response. Sometimes it's way more than the 24 hours they claim.

18. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

That's how all the boxes were shipped - see below (can't copy paste from my phone real well!)

19. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

fluffskul likes this.
  20. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Its cool that Radiohead cared enough to ship in a manner that wouldn't cause seem splits... even if I briefly got excited to think that I got 2 sets of LPs!

21. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

I contacted them about a faulty disc and got a reply pretty quickly, asking for photos of it. It's been days since I sent the pictures and additional messages have also been ignored.

It's a small consolation to hear I'm not the only one waiting though.

22. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I finally had a chance to give the boxed set vinyl a spin last night. It's easily the best sounding version of Ok Computer I own, even besting my UK Parlophone "No Data" pressing. All of my discs are flat, heavy, and quiet.

"No Surprises" turns into demo material, it sounded amazing.

23. The Bishop

The Bishop Forum Resident

How great to have this second disc of OK Computer era songs...I'm very pleased with it.

And excellent value as well.

Quincy likes this.
  24. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

I received my other set about 2weeks after reporting problems. It just came this week, but I've been afraid to open it. Not joking.

25. AFOS

AFOS Forum Resident

What is the general consensus on the remastered CD? Would it be a significant improvement on my original 99 CD?

And this is probably common knowledge but it's super cool and new to me

[​IMG]