Rampage movie (staring The Rock) based on the 1980's arcade game

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I would they would of learned after Pixels the movie which killed Adam's...... career...
    One bomb for Dewayne.... has lets make it and even two..
    His carreer could start going down...

2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I saw this today.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be based on the bad reviews it has gotten so far.

It was a decent monster flick in the same vein as recent CGI monster flicks. A nice Spring popcorn flick to see before Avengers comes out in a couple weeks.

I had to see it in 3-D because the only time I could go this afternoon, only the 3-D version was showing (non 3-D version was showing either early in the morning or late afternoon.) It seems theatres are trying to push 3-D versions by placing them in the prime-time slots and the main afternoon matinee slot, while giving the non 3-D versions the off-times. That being said, there were a few "money shots" illustrating the 3-D effects, but not really worth the few extra bucks I had to pay to see the 3-D version.

The movie had typical action with your typical stereotype protagonists and antagonists. The Rock played his usual self and Jeffrey Dean Morgan playing a Texas Cowboy-type government agent. Joe Manganiello had a small part in the movie too. The movie did mix in some comedy in the beginning and at the end, involving The Rock and the gorilla George. Mostly, though, it was all action and violence (involving shooting at the monsters and the monsters fighting back and causing mayhem, killing a few characters and extras who got in their way.)

3. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Boy, I agree as I just got back from seeing it.

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be based on the bad reviews it has gotten so far.

It was a decent monster flick in the same vein as recent CGI monster flicks. A nice Spring popcorn flick to see before Avengers comes out in a couple weeks.

4. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Just watched this. Only because The Rock was in it. Absolutely abysmal waste of everyone's time. Didn't know it was based on a video game. Makes it even worse. I don't mind the occasional brain dead film once in a while, but this was barrel scraping. Glad I never paid for it.

5. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Predator might be as close as we get to a Contra movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.