Rare David Crosby item: assistence needed please!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chewy, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewy

chewy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok you guys this is a big post for me....and for you!!!!! This seems to be a one of a kind Croz item that has so far zero provance...........my friend told me he knows somoene who has this item now... I was hoping some of you Crosby-heads could think back to the early 80s east coast UHF TV commercials, around the Philadelphia area.......there was a mail in spot for a DAVID CROSBY BETAMAX VIDEO (and compainion cassette, presumably same as video)...........well some guy lost the beta in the 80s but saved the cassette-- HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING? I can find no mention of this online besides the ebay ad he i supposed ordered it from. I mean, heres the pic i was directed to view...astrovideo. cant find any mention of this show or tape, doesnt it seem odd, seems like something we would know about. You don't think that somehow someone went back into space-time and taped it then put it on ebay, just cause they knew it would make an awesome bootleg? That technology truely might exist in the US, its not voodoo or god stuff- its just ultra high voltage and very advanced electronics. You know like the 1st time you heard Dire Straits on CD? well its just like that times 10 trillion. Anyways, working under conventional theory for now....I would love it if one of you hardcore CSN fans know exaactly what I'm talking about. I think this might be the only Crosby solo soundboard of '82.

[​IMG]

goodboyfred likes this.
  2. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Why not send Mr Crosby a tweet??....see what he remembers??

chewy likes this.
  3. chewy

OH. MY. GOD. You are a genius. I need to get an acct......

4. Big pete

Big pete Forum Resident

This is the audio from a video recorded in 1979. Designed for home release never issued. Great video though

jlf and chewy like this.
  5. chewy

you know of it? wowowow! 1979????

6. chewy

Whats the video like, do you remember it?

7. chewy

Somebody please buy it and put it on youtube, I would of bought it but from what I read there IS NO cartridge style betamax-to-VHS adapter......i cant buy this PLUS find a betamax. Oh dog, someone here must wanna do this and be more equipped....extreme rare Crosby solo show no one has seen in years. Now that i see the video I do see how it appears to be a really early homevideo.....I didn't even know Delta let alone Drive my Car were already written then.

EDIT:

k I am on craigslist and the cheapest betamax offered rt now is a better later sony home model, $125. I cant invest $200 dollars in this dawg!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  8. chewy

[​IMG]

jlf and BeatlesBop like this.
  9. chewy

10. chewy

[​IMG]

vegafleet likes this.
  11. Delta would have been the new material there.

12. chewy

Just came today - it really is amazing you guys. I can't believe no CSN fans remember this. It really is obscure!

Fullbug likes this.
  13. chewy

Oh I did transfer it to VHS, just in case. But the beta is playing perfectly right now and is way better quality/sound

14. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Why don't you simply hook up the Beta to a PC and make a transfer?

Hey Vinyl Man, longdist01 and sbsugar like this.
  15. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

16. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Rats...I was hoping it mighta been an autographed spliff...:uhhuh:

Fullbug likes this.
  17. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I asked him on Twitter for any recollections. I'll let you know if he responds.

18. chewy

I posted my 1st tweet few days back to @thedavidcrosby with pics of it but i never heard back :(

19. chewy

im not compatable for that dawg! What do I need to get goin'?

20. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I'm definitely no expert on this sort of thing but my intuition tells me that it might be prudent to put something that is recorded on old tape onto a medium with a better chance of surviving. And considering its rarity, perhaps to find the best quality medium on which to do that.

Hey Vinyl Man likes this.
  21. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds Forum Resident

Why not have your Crosby concert transferred from Beta to dvd at one of those store front businesses? I'm sure the cost would be less than buying a betamax player and still not having a dvd of the concert. Maybe also have them rip an audio file for you while they're at it.

Hey Vinyl Man and David P. Hill like this.
  22. chewy

The biz wants 50 a video. Remember I've already invested $100 in this whole thing. So i can get this cord for 5 bucks on ebay, that will connect rca video/audio jacks into my laptop USB? its that simple?

23. chewy

How are these freeware video editing programs, will i get a like DVD quality transfer? At freaking staples its 44 dollars but on ebay i can get a 5 dollar rca female jacks ---> USB cable

24. chewy

It's better than If I could only remember my name. I'm telling you

25. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds Forum Resident

I see. I have a lot of Indycar races I want transferred to dvd, but there are so many tapes that doing it myself makes better financial sense (though I know it's going to take hours of my personal time). But if I was only transferring one race to digital I would likely have it done by people who already own the equipment so I don't have to deal with the process. Well, anyway... good luck to you. I hope it all works out for you.

chewy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.