Rare Earth - Fill Your Head- Box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jumboshrimp, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hip-o Select has remastered and boxed the 1st five Rare Earth titles and added some non-album singles . Packaged on 3 cds.

Here are the details:

Rare Earth
    Fill Your Head:
    The Studio Albums
    1969-1974

Disc 1
    1. Magic Key
    2. Tobacco Road
    3. Feelin' Alright
    4. In Bed
    5. Train To Nowhere
    6. Get Ready
    7. Generation (Light Up The Sky)
    8. Get Ready - Single Version
    9. (I Know) I'm Losing You - Single Version
    10. When Joanie Smiles
    11. Here Comes The Night
    12. Hey Big Brother
    13. Love Shines Down
    14. Chained
    15. Fresh From The Can

Disc 2
    1. Born To Wander
    2. Long Time Leavin'
    3. (I Know) I'm Losing You
    4. Satisfaction Guaranteed
    5. Nice Place To Visit
    6. No. 1 Man
    7. Eleanor Rigby
    8. What'd I Say
    9. If I Die
    10. The Seed
    11. I Just Want To Celebrate
    12. Someone To Love
    13. Any Man Can Be A Fool
    14. The Road
    15. Under God's Light

Disc 3
    1. Good Time Sally
    2. Every Now And Then We Get To Go On Down To Miami
    3. Think Of The Children
    4. Gotta Get Myself Back Home
    5. Come With Your Lady
    6. Would You Like To Come Along
    7. We're Gonna Have A Good Time
    8. I Couldn't Believe What Happened Last Night
    9. Ma
    10. Big John Is My Name
    11. Smiling Faces Sometimes
    12. Hum Along And Dance
    13. Come With Me Price: $59.98
    Buy Me

Rare Earth was Motown’s first successful “white rock band”—an awesome, rocking, soulful ensemble—whose body of work deserved more than that initial, brief description. Now, for the first time, all of the original core band’s five albums, plus all of their non-album singles, are available on the 3-CD set Fill Your Head: The Studio Albums 1969-1974.
    Rare Earth fans, rejoice: The collection not only contains newly remastered editions of Get Ready, Ecology and Ma, its release marks the CD debut of One World and Willie Remembers. For all the included albums and singles, tape research and audio mastering were painstakingly conducted over several months. The result is a fantastic sound that’s miles beyond any of the album’s previous digital incarnations.
    The title Fill Your Head is a nod to the Rare Earth label’s original slogan. The unique outer box pays homage to the label as well: a curved top that re-creates the original design of the first five Rare Earth label LPs. Additionally, inside is an accordion-like holder for the three discs, which displays exact mini-reproductions of the original LP jackets. An accompanying 32-page booklet features an essay by noted author Scott Schinder.
    Fill Your Head celebrates the collective work of group founders drummer/lead singer Pete Rivera and saxophonist/flautist Gil Bridges, bassists John Persh and Michael Urso, percussionist Eddie Guzman, guitarists Rod Richards and Ray Monette, and keyboardists Kenny James and Mark Olson. What a ride they had:
    Get Ready, the band’s Motown debut, is highlighted by the side-length title track, a Temptations’ cover which, when edited, became a massive hit. Their second album, Ecology, features the hit “(I Know) I’m Losing You,” another Tempts’ cover, as well as “Born To Wander.” One World includes another of their signature cuts, “I Just Want To Celebrate.” Willie Remembers features original band material, from the pop hit “Good Time Sally” to the 12-minute “I Couldn’t Believe What Happened Last Night.” In 1973, the sprawling, darkly funky Ma, with Norman Whitfield at the helm, was the last album to feature this Rare Earth lineup until a reunion in the late seventies.
    Rare singles on the set include several non-album B-sides as well as “Hey Big Brother,” the band’s Top 20 single not on any album, and “Chained,” a single produced by Frank Wilson, one of their final recordings of the era.
    Fill Your Head: The Studio Albums 1969-1974 encompasses the energy, musicianship and soul offered by one of the rocking-est bands on Motown.

Price: $59.98
    Buy Me

2. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

theres another thread on this already..

3. elektrikjester

elektrikjester Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.