Re: iPad (7th gen) Cable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by txguitar, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi,

Can someone tell what cable I need to go from the IPad to the tv, my tv has hdmi, but what size is the
    plug that goes into the IPad. I think it is the lightning cable but I want to make sure.

Thanks a lot !

2. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

If it is the iPad 7th generation then it still uses the Lightning connector. You would need the Lightning Digital AV connector and an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.

niklmiles likes this.
  3. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Another thought; it is probably worth me mentioning that apps can disable video output via HDMI. Example: I subscribe to Sky TV, but the Sky app only lets me view content on the iPad screen. Sky don’t want people using their iPads connected to their TVs instead of subscribing to Sky Multiroom.

4. guitarguy

guitarguy Tone Meister

Lightning Digital AV Adapter
    There are cheap Chinese equivalents and knockoffs aplenty on Amazon but I would stick with the official Apple adapter purchased directly from Apple or a reputable reseller. I was in a pinch on a biz trip once and had to grab a 3rd party adapter from an airport shop for a presentation. It *worked* but tended to overheat and stop working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.