Recall the Beginning...a Journey from Eden - Steve Miller Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jackie P, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie P

Jackie P Music Addict Thread Starter

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    zphage and jamesmaya like this.
  2. agundy

agundy Forum Resident

Good heavens, I hope it actually happens this time:sigh:

3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

The Japanese CD came out:cheers:

4. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

5. This feels much more a part of the initial (Tim Davis' albums) run of 5 than the stinker that is Rock Love. That being said i can see album only able to come out after Rock Love. Rock Love seems to serve as a break with his 60s persona and begins to establish his 70s persona. In some ways, similar to what was going on with Bob Seger's transition into his 70s persona.

6. Jackie P

I have always thought that Rock Love, despite it's so-called shortcomings, was a much more satisfactory album than most reviews gave it credit for - both the live in concert & live in the studio selections.

By comparison Recall the Beginning...A Journey From Eden had much more time spent recording in the studio, and at the production end of proceedings. There are many exquisite tracks on here as well as others of less notable quality. The final 4 tracks (and High On You Mama) have always impressed me more than most of the other initial tracks.

The new Elemental Music/Capitol CD comes in a replica mini LP gate-fold cardboard sleeve. The disc itself is housed in an inner cardboard sleeve that contains all the lyrics. The sound on the CD is crystal clear.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  7. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

Is Elemental Music a division of Capitol, or are they a small label licensing from Capitol/Universal?

8. Jackie P

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Jason Michael likes this.
  9. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.