Recommend a Bing Crosby compilation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm looking for a Bing Crosby compilation on CD- something that's in print. Any recommendations? Thanks. :)

2. I have always liked "Bing Crosby with Some Jazz Friends" on Decca

Steve's mastered some Crosby also

3. Merry Christmas (MCA), mastered by Steve Hoffman

4. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

The 2 CD Bing Crosby Gold is reasonably priced and well-compiled. Here is a review from the All Music Guide site:

Attached Files:

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Looks great! Thanks! :righton:

6. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

That "Jazz Friends" disc is pretty cool if you decide to dig deeper.

7. I just picked up Bing Crosby Sings Again on CD (MCA 1986) for $3 on eBay - it seems to turn up regularly (so while not in print, seems easily available), and is mastered by Steve Hoffman. It arrived today, so I have yet to hear it, but I have high hopes.
    The material ranges from 1931-1953, both on Decca and Brunswick.

I recently got hooked on Bing Crosby listening to Bing Sings (96 tracks on Readers Digest vinyl) and early radio shows on Murray Hill, also vinyl. The radio shows are informal, with light-hearted humor in-between songs. Both were under a $1 - so lot's of Bing bargains out there.

8. I'm listening to the Bing Sings Again CD now, and really enjoying it both musically and sonically.

I checked, and ebay and half.com don't have it for a reasonable price. But there are a bunch on Amazon for $7 shipped.

9. I would second that, you can find it regularly in the classifieds here. :thumbsup:

10. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

not that great.

11. dale 88

dale 88 Errand Boy for Rhythm

I can also recommend this compilation, Bing Crosby His Legendary Years, 1931-1957. Apilecole recommends it in this thread

Bing Crosby - Artist of the Century

Steve Hoffman explains in a few posts there about his influence.

Listen to his 1931 Out of Nowhere and you can hear his originality plus his singing voice was different then. Somewhere in the mid-thirties he started singing lower. His 1957 Gigi showed he still had it.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.