recommend a cartridge alignment protractor for a Rega P1

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ben_wood, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben_wood

ben_wood A traveler of both time and space Thread Starter

I recently bought a Audio Technica AT440MLa to replace the stock Ortofon OM5e cartidge that came mounted on my Rega P1. I would appreciate any suggestions on which cartridge alignment protractors/devices would be best suited for this application. Thanks.

2. ben_wood

Anyone? . . .

3. dbflash

dbflash New Member

4. ben_wood

Thanks for the link Danny. Where is Bluff Park located? I'm in Prattville.

5. dbflash

dbflash New Member

right outside of Bham. its on top of shades mountain. On one side of the mountain is Homewood and the other side is Hoover.

I will be driving your way a week from Saturday. Heading down to Mexico Beach, Fl. I pick up 231 in Montgomery.

The best protractor to use is the one that came with the Rega. I use that one (I have a P5) to get it real close and then I use one that I downloaded from Vinyl Engine to fine tune it. Its usually dead on using the Rega.

Stay cool. I can't wait to fall.

Danny

6. alanb

alanb Senior Member

7. ben_wood

The wife, kids, and I were just up that way last week to do some back-to-school shopping at the Galleria. :sigh: My P1 didn't come with a protractor. Could you name some good audio stores in the B'ham area? We have virtually nothing down here. Enjoy your vacation!

8. ben_wood

thanks Bill, you've always been extremely helpful and I value your opinions. :righton:

9. ben_wood

And thanks Alan!:wave:

10. marcelbr

marcelbr Forum Resident

Hi, guys... I also got myself a new RP-1 and I'm planning on swapping the stock cart for the 440MLA (which I already have) -- my question is: regarding the Overhang, is it possible to get it right only with the Rega 1 point Protractor? I suppose it's meant to get the correct alignment, but my primary concern is the overhang. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.