Recommendations for anti-static sleeves in UK

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Porkpie, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've been buying Nagaoka no.102 antistatic sleeves for the past 2 years but now they seem to have stopped being produced as Amazon has been out of stock for a couple month, Ebay has them at ridiculous prices and other sites, like Juno records, are also showing as out of stock. Can anyone in the UK recommend a good alternative?

2. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I just use the normal poly-lined paper ones from Soundswholesale, work out at around 17p each if you buy them by the thousand or if you want to risk using Scott Nangle he has Japanese inner sleeves similar to Nagoakas for 19p each.

Porkpie likes this.
  3. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Just to add that the Soundwholesale price includes next day delivery, Scott Nangle doesn't.

4. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm still looking for anti-stat sleeves and a bit confused about which sort are the best. I've read that some of the poly-lined ones can have a reaction and leave a film or "waves" on the vinyl. Also read that that poly-lined paper ones can do this. Does anyone know which sort are safest from the point of view of not reacting with the vinyl?

I saw some similar to Nagaoka on Amazon UK called Thacker but one of the reviews says they don't fit inside the inner sleeves. Someone else recommended Diskeeper, which look good and similar to Nagaoka, but they don't sell them in the UJK

5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

To the best of my knowledge the only ones that are a risk under normal storage conditions are the type Polydor used from approximately 1968 until the mid-seventies, they can chemically react and cause a ripple or grey film effect on the vinyl surface which if left makes the record unlistenable. I've been using aftermarket poly-lined inner sleeves for over thirty years including Nagoakas and most other overpriced audiophile types, basically any bog standard poly-lined paper sleeve will do an excellent job as long as the record is clean and stored properly, save money and buy the Soundwholesale ones is my advice.

Porkpie likes this.
  6. McGuy

McGuy All Mc, all the time...

hm...I just buy the mofi sleeves 100 at a time. seem to work great for me. amazon has them

Adamski777 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.