Record Store Day 2016 Release Information RSD16

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rkellner, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I picked up Emmy and the Cash Blue Train just before closing at Mill Valley Music.

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

....and way more songwriters.

MekkaGodzilla and Mazzy like this.
  3. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

phhhhhhhhhht!

4. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Ooooh-I see what you did there...

Mazzy likes this.
  5. Six String

Six String Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing and almost didn't go and then when I went I thought it was after the store opened instead of ten minutes prior. I talked a young man in line about what we wanted and when we went in there was a lot of people looking over everyone's shoulders but people were remarkably cool. The people flipping the records went slow so people could have a moment to see what it is and people behind the front people were shouting requests and I was able to deliver two Grateful Dead titles, an MJQ and a Thelonious Monk album to people and no one was fighting for those titles when I picked them out. It was like the everyone wanted things I didn't want so it worked out really well and I didn't hear any complaining or whining and it felt good to spread the joy around.

s m @, johnnypaddock and footlooseman like this.
  6. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

???

7. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

I wish I could edit this, because I was in error. When I played it earlier, I was unaware than one of my kids had moved my tracking force to a half gram. I also cleaned the record in the interim and now it sounds fine. Sorry for my careless quick reporting.

Gardo and s m @ like this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. Kinda angry with myself I paid $10 for a single, but I had to have it. My only purchase.

[​IMG]

9. Six String

Six String Senior Member

Yeah, we had a few copies and I didn't see anyone grab one.

10. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Whoa, this sounds like it would be right in my wheelhouse; I sure as hell didn't know anything about it! I might have to take a trip back tomorrow and see if I can snag one of these. Cool.

11. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

and how did you buy multiple copies of a title? That is forbidden on RSD and all shops adhere to this....right? Maybe I misunderstood, because that is something I don't think you would want to admit here in a forum where we CANNOT STAND people who flip RSD product and take advantage of true fans. I am sure I misunderstood you.

Lost In The Flood and cwd like this.
  12. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Well, tracking force can be re-set. And children can be put up for adoption.

No Static, Brudy, 500Homeruns and 6 others like this.
  13. gr8trak

gr8trak Forum Resident

14. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

I'd love to hear your thoughts when you do.

15. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

I have never been at a store , that limited how many of something , someone can buy on RSD. I did not realize this was a taboo subject here, my apologies

16. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I was teasing. Far be it from me to expect someone to have a job to pay for records.

17. Yayastone

Yayastone Forum Resident

Really enjoying the Dylan single, exceeded my expectations!
    First track has sibilance which is odd, but it might be my cart.
    Anyone have the same issue?

[​IMG]

18. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

You mean like the Temptations , Supremes , Four Tops , Elvis , Sinatra , Jackson 5 , Byrds , etc Box Sets??

19. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

ohh, it is hard to discern irony and such on internet at times...

troggy likes this.
  20. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

Great!! Thanks! Every RSD, I discover something that with work and family I have missed over the years-Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, Long Gone Before Daylight, Garbage (yeah, I know), and now this.

gr8trak likes this.
  21. cwd

cwd Forum Resident

I think all in Nashville do the limit now.

22. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

Here's something insane: I couldn't find one, they pretty much went up in a puff of smoke here in Austin. Later found out a friend (out of town) got two, in case I couldn't find one. "If you don't need it, I'm sure somebody will buy it."

I owe her my life.

Gardo and gr8trak like this.
  23. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Speak for yourself. I think the flippers are awesome. Nothing wrong with someone finding a way to make a dollar.
    And I am sure there are a ton of shop owners out there who would rather sell a few extra copies to avoid having them collect dust in the racks for the next 5 years.

RSharpe and Daniel Thomas like this.
  24. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

Not me! I'll keep mine forever. However, I got in line at o'dark thirty precisely because I figured that would happen. Saw a couple listings hours later for quadruple the price. Really not cool.

25. Yeah. But the comparison was to CCR. 4 pieces.

cwd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.