Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronton99

ronton99 Forum Resident

Did anyone get the Marvin Gaye Sexual Healing Remixes?
    I'm curious about the track length of the Extended Version on Side 2.
    I'm looking for a remix that runs about 9:30 and sounds like the original mix but stretched way out....
    Thanks!

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:righton:
    Apparently, the cd version of Iconic Performances - Monterey Pop was released last year to coincide with the 50th anniversary. I did not know that.

3. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

If no one else gets ahold of you I can check mine tomorrow.cwd

4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep. I found everything I wanted online today as I couldn't go out to stores yesterday. Its all out there for the most part, and not at marked up eBay prices either.

ndoheny likes this.
  5. Yes I believe with a bit of patience and ingenuity you can find most things and not at crazy prices.

Search indies and stay away from the obvious eBay flippers.

I found more items today at regular prices except one $56 item I paid a $12 up charge for Which I thought fair. .

Yes there are exceptions but reach out and you’ll probably prevail. .

6. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the Ron Jeremy album for a reasonable price?

Thank you

7. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

I went for the Marty Stuart

hutlock and Santo10 like this.
  8. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I was able to get the Cash box online this morning along with an Arcade Fire EP, Hillbillies in Hell and BOC for less than they were selling for in my local shops.
    Heck, a guy could have just watched this thread and got the nod on most everything he wanted.

9. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Both their second and third albums were released on RSD. I purchased both, but I haven't listened to them yet. I wasn't going to bring them up here in the thread as Cymande is probably too obscure to have even been ordered by the RSD participating stores.

mooseman and Kevin j like this.
  10. Drew769

Drew769 Buyer of s*** I never knew I lacked

I bought this as well on impulse, and it’s good. The vinyl is cool.

11. Crazyhorse11

Crazyhorse11 Hoser

I wanted both bad but was at my limit with other releases. They were both sitting at $40 CAD each so passed. Kind of regretted that so will go back this week and maybe buy their second album. They had a few of each.

12. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

A. 3 : Sexual Healing Suite - Remix (9.24) *

* Remixed by Ben Liebrand

ronton99 likes this.
  13. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

That's more often true than we realize. The hype should read - We are only pressing 2500 ................... with little gold numbers on the back bottom corner. We are pressing 25,000 without the number.

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I haven’t even started looking yet. The weekend belonged to a beloved Uncle who’s Celebration of life was taking place out of town. I’ll find what I can this week. If history is any indication, I’ll end up with more than I was after.

15. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I gave in and purchased the Eric Clapton Best Of Box on RSD. We all know that is going to be released in massive quantities. I suspect the only difference in the RSD and common release is the bonus 7". I purchased it because it was $50 for the four record box set. I found that to be a very fair asking price and I wanted E.C. to hear my money rattling down the drain before he totally lost his hearing.

Christopher B likes this.
  16. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Nice. I’ll be looking out for this one on Discogs

17. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

I run neither hot nor cold on Cash, but that is one beautiful-looking product.

18. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Alex, what store did you buy the Buffalo S. and country and town? Im from Texas usa, wanted this. What's the name of it? Any left?

19. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

So why should it be certain sides get scratch-ed up so awfully...

LivingForever and marc with a c like this.
  20. David P. Hill

Paul, did you find a copy of T. Bolan, T. Rex, Bolan Boogie? If you did how's the AS? If so what store, town and country? I'm David from US. Thanks!

21. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Someone from Australia posted early on (they live in the future).

Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  22. Paul Middleton

Paul Middleton Forum Resident

No David, I didn't get a copy, and would still be happy to hear anyone's opinion of the sound quality on this release. Oh, and I'm also from Australia - so I guess I live in the future as well :D

23. David P. Hill

Munros, I went online to the Coda Records, it was Coda Music, a folk record shop. I was interested in that Humble Pie rsd 2018 release you ordered. I didn't see on rsd 2018 UK list. Was it a late arrival? Whats the name of the album? Im David from Texas US. Thanks!

24. David P. Hill

Mine says on the red obi, "limited edition, splatter vinyl"? Im in the US. So what color of vinyl is it, haven't opened it yet?

25. David P. Hill

That's what I saw and read too! Blue splatter - US, clear transparent - EUR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.