Record Store Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Earwax, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwax

Earwax Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello,

I'll be in the following cities during July: Edinburgh, Liverpool, London, Paris, Florence, Rome.

I'm looking for record shops that sell original 60s garage and beat 45s, and reissue CDs, & CD comps. Also, 1950s/1960 Jazz reissue LPs. Also, any cheap/good vintage clothing store recommendations? Finally, any recommendations for anything you think is cool and worth checking out? For example, I won't be going to the Louvre, but I will be going to Le Caveau de la Huchette which is a 1940s jazz club that was the inspiration for the Cavern Club. Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  2. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Don`t have high expectations for Liverpool with regard to record shopping. There is only one 2nd hand Record Store in the City Center and that`s `Dig Records` in the basement of a clothing shop on Bold Street. The shop is run by a couple of young folk but it is very small as is the selection of vinyl. `Probe Records` is a pale imitation of it`s former glorious self, selling only new LPs/CDs run by unfriendly staff in a small shop. Err, that`s it, there is HMV if you are (very) desperate.

3. Earwax

Thanks. Liverpool is known world over as a "music city" (simlar to Memphis, Detroit, etc.) I'm amazed that they don't have the best British invasion reissue record store on the planet.

4. Pierre.O

Pierre.O New Member

It's probably too late, but in Paris, the best Jazz Store is PARIS JAZZ CORNER.
    The website is located in an other place in France - at Sommières, it's in South of France -
    The Paris shop is very interesting with a very large choice of LP, CD, Magazines, books .....
    99,9% of the stock is 2nd hand.

5. Earwax

Thank you for the info.

The Paris records stores we visited were:
    Goodies Records
    3, Rue de Palestro, 75002
    and
    Monster Melodies
    9 Rue des Déchargeurs, 75001

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.