Red Hot Chili Peppers New Album - I'm With You - Out 8-30-2011

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikemoon, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikemoon

mikemoon Forum Resident Thread Starter

Only information so far is the title and release date and produced by Rick Rubin (The 5th Pepper).

I'm excited!

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Fantastic! Can't wait. Thanks for sharing. :)

3. mikemoon

Seems there is a rumor that the first single is titled 'The Adventures of Raindance Maggie.' Supposedly, Chad tweeted this and it was taken down. Could just be rumor and it's merely just a name. From the name, it sounds kind of Beatles influenced.

I like the new album title. It's very simple and straight forward. I really never liked the title 'Stadium Arcadium' for some reason.

4. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

+!

5. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

looking forward to it. RHCP's move at a nice pace for me, I'll take a quality release every 4 or 5 years from an established band over vet's who seem to force out an album every year to 18 months.

6. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

And on my birthday. Very nice. Can't wait.

7. pantofis

pantofis Senior Member

A bit of a shame it's released at the dawn of summer. RHCP albums usually provide a great soundtrack for the summer. Though their music did become quite autumny in the last 2 albums....

8. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

Hopefully the mastering on this won't be brickwalled.

9. mikemoon

I'm sure the digital versions will be. I guess it's hard to tell them to master these versions a different way when they are one of the best selling bands. Warner Brothers is a huge company and wants to sell as many records as possible. Now, hopefully the vinyl will receive a proper mastering like the last one. They were enthusiastic about their vinyl release. I do understand your frustration though but music is a business unfortunately and this is one of the reason John left the Peppers as a major band.

Hasn't the mastering gotten slightly and progressively better since Cali? I know that's not saying a lot but...

10. laynecobain

laynecobain Active Member

Thanks. Very cool. Very interested in seeing how Josh Klinghofer plays on this album. Navarro was a bad mistake at the time for One Hot Minute.

11. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

12. mikemoon

Thanks for posting that, it was a pretty good read for an album that'slittle info released. I like the new song titles that I see from a writer's perspective. It's also cool to see them release a single with such a fun and odd name.

I'm also happy that they are releasing less tracks on the album as I know that they wanted to produced a concise focused effort (least number of tracks since 1989). I really thought it would be 10-12 tracks. I would like to see this one get a 2 lp 45 rpm treatment from the analog tapes.

13. theflicker

theflicker Member

I actually liked the working title: Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head.

But, I agree with you on Stadium Arcadium. Just didn't sound RHCP-y.

14. mikemoon

Yeah, that was a running title but no way they could put that on the album but I'd like it. The new title is fine as well. I think it reflects a simplicity or cohesiveness that they are aiming for. I'm thinking this album won't have the crazy experimentation and layers that John brought to By the Way and SA. Of course, I'm just assuming all this. In my head, I also hope that the artwork is approached from a simple perspective (one color and title or something else simple) but we'll see. Not a good bet according to past artwork choices.

15. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

You beat me to it...We'll know soon enough...

16. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

If it is brickwalled, dear RHCP, I'm not with you!

17. mikemoon

I don't see 'them' changing the mastering of the cd or mp3 in any major way. The business formula for this music product has worked in the past and I doubt Rubin goes a different way with the digital version especially considering the current climate in music sales. I do think that the lp has a good chance for a proper mastering. Stadium was one of the reason I decided to go out and get a TT and 2-channel system, so I could hear it the way the band thought it should sound. Now that John is gone, I'm not sure what will happen though as he was the one that would fight hard against certain mixes, mastering, etc.

18. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

The only CD of theirs that sounds HORRID is Californication. The following 2, I thought were great!

19. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

Rick Rubin is deaf, so it will be loud :)

20. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

Whatever it is, it will be complained about on this forum.

21. mikemoon

Copied straight from there website.

Brothers and sisters! Here are the song titles of our new record ‘I’m With You’ Yeeeeah mutha****as!

1. Monarchy of Roses
    2. Factory of Faith
    3. Brendan’s Death Song
    4. Ethiopia
    5. Annie Wants a Baby
    6. Look Around
    7. The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
    8. Did I Let You Know
    9. Goodbye Hooray
    10. Happiness Loves Company
    11. Police Station
    12. Even You Brutus?
    13. Meet Me at the Corner
    14. Dance, Dance, Dance

There you have it.

22. I guess if Steve was mastering the vinyl, we'd already know by now huh? :(

23. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Stadium Arcadium is brickwalled too. Even in my car with the windows down on a highway, I can hear the distortion in the right channel on much of the album.

24. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Got my tickets for there UK tour in November looking forward to the new stuff

25. Flea (the band's bassist) just tweeted:

"the vinyl release won't be til October, it is ridiculous I know.....beyond our control unfortunately......waAaaaaahhhhhh"

Dare I... dare I hope again...? I don't want to wait till October just to find out that they used the CD master for the vinyl again, just like from 1995 till 2002. :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.