Red Hot Chili Peppers New Album - I'm With You - Out 8-30-2011

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikemoon, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did anybody else get the recent Australian Tour Edition of "I'm With You". It is a 2-CD set and comes with a 2nd disc with 8 new tracks from the same recording sessions. These tracks were released on 7" vinyl singles but never on CD so far.

Only available in Australia but can be found via Amazon marketplace sellers.

The 2-CD set also comes in a jewel case instead of the digipack design of the original single CD release.

2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Are the songs on disc 2 any good?

3. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

I'd be shocked as the songs on disc 1 aren't.

4. Michael Bohannon

Michael Bohannon Well-Known Member

I bet this is even better than the last album!

5. Yes, I think they are really good. Similar style as the main album and no drop in quality.

While I don't like all the songs on the main album, I think some of them are really good and the overall style is not so different from other more recent RHCP albums. Unfortunately, the mastering is also not much different, leaving us with a very mediocre sounding album as far as the dynamics are concerned (DR4). Otherwise, the production, mix and recording quality would be fine.

6. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I want this. NOW.

7. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

8. jeffrey walsh

9. jeffrey walsh

Label a bit off center? Manufacturers still trying to get the hang of it.

10. kowal77

kowal77 New Member

11. cement_head

cement_head Forum Resident

I picked this album up at my local store (on vinyl). Did I miss something, or is there no download with the vinyl?

12. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

I for one love this record. Shame the CD is a contender for the throne of 'most crushed CD ever created'. There's a special that runs on Paladia from time to time called 'Chili Peppers 'I'm With You' from the basement" or something like that. Shows them play the entire record live in a studio and it is SOOOOOO great! They don't stray from the arrangements at all, in fact those not extremely familiar with the album might assume they're the one and the same if you didn't have the video to go along with it. Anyway, the sound just smokes and really shows just how talented the band is. They're on fire here. (Chad Smith is a beast!) It's so refreshing to hear those songs not clipping all over town!

I'd be all over a nice "I'm with You" vinyl release. In fact I might buy two! :)

YouKnowEyeKnow likes this.
  13. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

14. kowal77

kowal77 New Member

Thanks. Since then I've checked by myself the Qobuz download and it's basically the same compressed-to-death CD master, except for the extra bits that make the HD download sounding a little better. The drums still sound awful though...
    Really a shame they didn't offer a better sounding version of this album like they did with Stadium Arcadium back in 2006.

15. Are you referring to a better sounding vinyl? Because both are available on vinyl with less compression. There is no good sounding digital version of Stadium Arcadium either.

16. kowal77

kowal77 New Member

Yes, I'm referring to the vinyl. While I think the Stadium Arcadium vinyl sounds better than the CD, I didn't find I'm With You on vinyl sounding very different from the CD.

17. Interesting, can't say I've heard the vinyl but the DR bump was from 4 to 9 so that would seem to be a pretty good improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.