Reference 3A MM DeCapo BE new cabinet

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MarioHead, Mar 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioHead

MarioHead Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know the DeCapo BEs come in the gray nextel finish only. However, when I passed by my favorite audio store this afternoon, I saw this. It's a De Capo BE in piano black, and it has some sort of rubber "spoiler" attached at the back. I checked the Reference 3A website and this particular model isn't even listed there yet. My dealer says this is the latest iteration of the De Capo BEs. He allowed me to take it home and audition it, giving me a very attractive deal to swap my three week old Nextel De Capos should i wish to do so. Has anyone here encountered this particular model? It really looks gorgeous in the flesh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jasonx1925

jasonx1925 Member

I have the olde d capo be in nextel finish. I was also able to see and hear the new piano black finish at a dealer here. I must say the new cabinet is gorgeous.. I listened to it for an hour but i cannot hear any differences with mine, i guess i need to A vs B it to hear what improvements where made with the new one.

3. triple

triple Senior Member

This is one lovely speaker, with or without the alcatel finish. And at 92db it is more efficient than most Tannoy floorstanding models, let alone 99% other standmounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.