Remastering The Beatles

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mandrake, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandrake

mandrake New Member Thread Starter

But you're not the only one.....;)

2. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Anybody hear anything more about the rumored "She Loves You" stereo mix?

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

...in your opinion...

4. Grant

It does not exist.

5. mandrake

It's clear that in the case of outright fidelity, the stereo mixes are usually better. This isn't a matter of opinion.

6. Grant

As far as the Beatles are concerned, my first experience with thier music was indeed AM radio in the 60s as it happened. I grew up with HIFi stereo but we played mono 45s on that stereo.

7. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Grant,

My experience was very similar. I had all the 45's but only Beatles 65' up until 1966 after my Dad purchased our first Stereo. Then, I purchased Introducing The Beatles and Meet The Beatles, later Rubber Soul. Those 45's were my Beatles "mainstay" for listening...all I could really afford as a teenager (at $.67 apiece)

Bob

8. Grant

Hmmm, we had stereo since I was born in '62.

9. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

You misquoted me Grant. It should have read SOME Beatles titles are just better in their stereo mixes.

10. Bob Lovely

Grant,

We had a big ole' HiFi that my Dad had built (Heathkit). Finally, I talked him into purchasing Stereo components in 1966--a little late, for sure but, most of his records were Mono Jazz, Pop and Big Band LP's and I played my Mono 45's....

Bob

11. Grant

And it's STILL your opinion. I prefer the mono mixes in every case.

12. mandrake

I'm glad I have both mixes, I enjoy listening to both stereo and mono Beatles for different reasons.

13. Stax Fan

Stax Fan Forum Resident

Fair enough given an accurate quote.

14. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

growing up, i had all the beatle's stuff, singles and albums.

around '80 or so, I picked up all the UK Beatles stuff that was re-released in mono that year, thanks to JEM distributors (r.i.p.). they were available individually. All great sounding, except for the notorious Yellow Submarine.

That was my first exposure to the original album sequencing, and those UK albums are so great.
    I got CD-r's of the stereo mobile fidelitly box set, so i'm set for a while.

but i sure would like to go record shop trolling in england, to see what I could find...
    mono or stereo? you gotta have both!

15. Bob Lovely

Grant & Friends,

We all are entitled to our opinions in this setting and none of of us really has a "better" opinion than anyone else, it is just "ours". Since I enjoy both the Stereo and Mono mixes of the Beatles, I see these sparing matches on which Beatles mixes are better as pointless and a waste of our energies.

Let's all move forward with the subject of this thread...agreed?

Thanks!

Bob:)

16. sgraham

sgraham New Member

Difficult choices! I want all of the above, of course. But I think since the original mono and stereo mixes have been "canonized" (though with some peculiarities) those would be my first choice.

How about that plus a special edition for the dedicated: CD-ROMs containing the multi-tracks on individual .wav files that you could import into your editor of choice and remix yourself! (With bonus fx plug ins that mimic the Abbey Road ADT and echo chambers!)

OK, back to reality...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.