Remembering George Harrison(1943-2001)on the 13th Anniversary of his passing...RIP...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lukejosephchung, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung Forum Resident Thread Starter

...and life flows on Within You And Without You... :cry::love:

2. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Thank you for the reminder. A very good day to play All Things Must Pass, 33 & a 1/3 and George Harrison. And all the rest!

mmars982 and lukejosephchung like this.
  3. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

:wave:Love you, George.

Chris from Chicago and MarkO like this.
  4. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

Been a Macca fan since as far back as I can remember...but George ranks up there with Paul as music I can listen to all day every day. I'm not a religious person at all, but he had a spirituality that didn't beat you over the head and say 'Look at me' You felt it and heard it in his music. Read my signature at the bottom of the post and that sums up a lot about life in general. 13 years has gone by really fast. Missing you here in the 'Material World' George. Play one for George today.

5. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Will play some Concert for Bangladesh in rememberence of George..... R.I.P.

Peter Pyle likes this.
  6. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Thirteen years... Wow.

7. Reader

Reader Senior Member

If you can miss someone that you did not personally know, I miss him.

I feel like I knew him even though he didn't know me. Is that silly?

I go back and listen to his music all the time. There is always an album of his in my "to listen to" pile. I still hear new things in both his solo and Beatles work. A massively talented man who has provided much enjoyment and joy to this hard world. He made his mark.

mmars982, beatlematt and james1967 like this.
  8. Peter Pyle

Peter Pyle Forum Resident

RIP Mr. Harrison. You are still sorely missed.

beatlematt, Miller92473 and Solace like this.
  9. jricc

jricc Senior Member

:agree:

Solace likes this.
  10. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

The music lives on. Miss you George.

11. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

I was stunned and shocked. Just a few weeks before, George Martin said that Harrison was in dire shape, but then retracted it, but I remember thinking I bet George Martin was right. Coming right after the 9/11 tragedy, it did not seem real at all. Of course, being virtually invisible for years anyway made it even more surreal. I remember some of the early celebrity comments about it. Dave Grohl said something like George's songs were his favorite Beatles songs because they were darker (wonder what Paul thinks of that?)

I was almost at the school where I taught. I was too numb to get out. Of course, being so close to the anniversary of John's death makes it seem even sadder. I miss him greatly, but I was missing him way before he died, but I respected his desire to get out of the limelight.

Reader and Peter Pyle like this.
  12. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I was never a fan of the Beatles but I was a big fan of George Harrison. Not only for his music but more so for the type of person he was.

Bill

13. The best Beatle.

14. mrgroove01

mrgroove01 Still looking through bent-backed tulips

This is just one of those anniversaries I wish didn't exist, at least not for a long time. But George, as I've read, seemed ready to move on to whatever was next and I cannot help but respect that. Though it doesn't make missing him any easier.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  15. Harvest Your Thoughts

Harvest Your Thoughts Forum Resident

He seemed like a good bloke. I didn't know him personally however.

16. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

Truly missed by millions. A man full of wisdom. I'm playing his S/T album.

Bill Mac likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

miss George...he just died way too soon & young!
    a good soul.

Bill Mac likes this.
  18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I consider ATMP a Christmas album as I got this as a Chritmas present from my Mother...what a thrill playing it on our consul stereo!

gramfan likes this.
  19. boogieman

boogieman Forum Resident

RIP George .. All Things Must Pass

20. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I don't think so. It pretty much explains how I have felt since his passing. I've never felt such a personal reaction to hearing of a celebrety's death as I did with his. He had a huge influence on me growing up. Even with the the tributes lately around the Apple Years box, I almost feel like people are talking about a family member. RIP George, you're still sorely missed.

Bill Mac likes this.
  21. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

'George Harrison', 'Gone Troppo' (for probably the several hundredth time) & 'Songs By George Harrison' today for me. Not many people leave this world absolutely ready to do so and on their own terms, but he did. My Fave Rave Fab. Miss him every day.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

23. mr._mojo_filter

mr._mojo_filter Forum Resident

I remember quite vividly the day George passed. I was a freshman in high school, and I was very early in my Beatle fandom.

I was getting ready for school that morning. I went downstairs to eat breakfast, and on the TV, the news was showing footage of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. After a few seconds, the graphic popped up: "George Harrison, 1943-2001".

I excused myself from the table, and went upstairs to my room and cried. After composing myself, I decided to wear my "Sgt. Pepper" shirt to school that day, and I proudly talked about George, and his contributions to the Beatles the whole day.

After the school day was over with, my Dad and I went out to buy "All Things Must Pass".

Bill Mac likes this.
  24. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

This explains why my i-pod (on shuffle) played an inordinate number of George's songs!

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Just listened to "This Is Love" earlier today. I think this is a little classic, one of his last charted hits...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.