Remote-controlled TT

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by The Pinhead, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL Thread Starter

Do any members here own a fully or partially remote-controlled TT ? Care to post any pics ? Thanx.

2. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Never saw or heard of one. There are automatic TTs but none that I know of have a remote.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Innocent Bystander

The Kenwood KD-4100 was available in a full wireless remote control version. I own one, but not the remote model. The ADC/BSR Accutrac also had a remote IIRC.

SandAndGlass and The Pinhead like this.
  4. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  5. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

I stand corrected

6. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

7. The Pinhead

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  8. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Not known for being all that reliable, nor easily serviced. BSR in England made it, but never sold it in the UK. An interesting changer, a complex electromechanical marvel.

9. llama

llama Forum Resident

Hitachi HTR 10

The Pinhead likes this.
  10. VinylHI

VinylHI Well-Known Member

I had the Heathkit version of that ADC Accutrac 4000 new in the box (partially built) about a year ago. Read nothing but nightmares about keeping it running so I sold it to someone in Germany on the Bay. Still have sellers remorse!!

McLover, it wanst a changer. The special cartridge would find the space between tracks on the album and could (when working!) skip and repeat songs. I almost kept it for the remote receiver alone. Just look at it!!

The Pinhead likes this.
  11. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

I had a ReVox 790 or 791.
    [​IMG]
    It was very nice.

I also met one guy who had a POS RCA table that had remote control. Very cool and yet very impractical feature. The only benefit really was that you could program tracks. If a song on the side sucked, you could skip it... Otherwise, it was a problem waiting to happen, and it just wasted time making playback take longer than necessary.
    -Bill

The Pinhead likes this.
  12. The Pinhead

Ultra cool TT:righton:. As a matter of fact, my second dream TT after the vertical Mitsubishi.

13. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Nice but excessively complicated, and they also need every Frako electrolytic, and every Rifa electrolytic replaced before they fail.

The Pinhead likes this.
  14. Brian308GTS

Brian308GTS Forum Resident

Hymie the Robot likes this.
  15. KT88

KT88 Senior Member

Yeah, I rebuilt mine and sold it. It worked and sounded great. Even with new caps, it is still a very complicated design, as you say. I sold my Denon DP-52F prior for the same reason. Failed, repaired, ...sold. It might still be ticking along fine for all I know, but it was also way too complicated. I don't need or want "auto anything". ;)
    -Bill

16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Crazy! Never knew.

17. harby

harby Forum Resident

Sony PS-LX500 and some others, optional remote control nobody has, but you can use a universal IR.

[​IMG]

Others, like Sony PS-FL99, are remote controlled through a receiver and Sony control cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.