Rhino twofer "Crimson and Clover/Cellophane Symph." Tommy James...any version better?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

You dog. [​IMG]

2. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Stepping in to help out Bob...

Compilation Produced by Cary E. Mansfield and Dick Bartley
    Sound Produced by Bill Inglot
    Digitally Remastered by Dan Hersch at DigiPrep, Hollywood

Gary

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Yes, I'm having fun and realizing how much I do not know. New EMI EQ? :cool: Just do not use that EMI smasher on it! :eek:

Bob :)

4. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Thanks Gary! :thumbsup:

Bob :)

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Naw, that's reserved for special occasions and Ringo wanna-be's.

6. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I like the Rhino twofer. I especially liked that Bill Inglot fixed the pitch problems that occurred in Crimson & Clover where the instrumental break was edited into the song. I like the long version of Crimson & Clover but was always bugged by those pitch problems, even as a child when listening to a very cheap transistor radio.

I haven't heard what Tommy James is selling via his website himself so I cannot compare it to what Rhino put out.

7. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

So is it the same stereo mix as on the Rhino Anthology?

8. namretsam

namretsam Senior Member

Man.
    This is a whole lot of carping about about a budget Cd that was released over ten years ago!

9. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Because it's such a cool album.

10. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

Remember, Crimson & Clover probably would not have hit #1 if Tommy hadn't appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show lip-synching it the Sunday before.

11. Oh, I'm not so sure about THAT! I didn't see the Sullivan show yet I was hooked on the tune from the opening "Ahhhh" the first time I heard it on the radio. That song had hit written all over it, IMHO. :)

12. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

:confused:

13. audio

Well then, speaking of carp...why don't you go start a thread about the latest Phish release or something?:D Brother, these are two of the coolest pop/psych albums in the universe. Jamie is correct.:thumbsup: It's more than worthwhile discussing the best way to hear them digitally for those long nights when you're too busy doing, drinking, or ingesting other things and you don't feel like flipping the record. You just kick back and listen to a little "Evergreen" through the budget tube amp that was released over forty years ago.;)

This is the kind of stuff we talk about here, man. Ride the wave and fill out your profile if you plan on sticking around. We'd love to have you as a permanent member of our secret society(otherwise known as the Cyprinus Carpio Family).

14. Angel

Angel New Member

Mr. Prix, I believe namretsam is a giant Tommy James fan. He's pulling your leg.

15. audio

Mr. Yesman, I believe namretsam is a giant Tommy James fan. He's pulling your leg.:D

16. Leppo

Leppo Forum Librarian

For clarification, here's the correct info regarding Tommy's CDRs from Tommy himself. :thumbsup:

17. audio

Just as I said when I originally posted about my cdr from Tommy's site....they're from tapes. They're from tapes and they sound great. Zardozislove, are you sure we're talking about the same discs here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.